Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Feature dropdown lists
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - August 09 2007 :  04:04:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again hope I get the same great assistance I got last time:

I have a main feature list consisting of check boxes from which the customer can select one or more products, these products have several common upgrade options which are listed in two more feature dropdown lists with the option upgrade price. I need to be able to attached a quantity box to these two dropdown lists so the customer can select the correct quantity too order against the first set of check boxes, how can I attached these quantity boxes and will I have to have extra add to basket buttons or will the main add to basket take account of the quantities order in the dropdown lists.

Regards

rmgolf

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - August 10 2007 :  06:59:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

you can add quantity boxes to any of the feature lists by selecting "Quantity" in the FeatureType field in the edit feature screen in the Admin Panel. The basket should automatically detect the quantity of any selected features and add the correct price to the customer's order.

Hope this helps,
Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - August 11 2007 :  01:17:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carrol
Have tried this and it turns my dropdown list into a seperate item for each feature with a quantity box attached for example if I have five features to select from in the dropdown when I add a quantity they show on the site as five seperate items and not a drop down list. What I am trying to achieve is a dropdown list with one quantity box for that list, perhaps this is not possible and I will have to display the options as individual options which takes up more room on the page.

Regards

rmgolf
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - August 11 2007 :  02:56:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I think this is one for the support guys to give a definitive answer. I think you may have to have individual options as you suggest but I'm not 100% sure.

Regards
Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00