Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 gross and net profits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

perinius
Starting Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - August 06 2007 :  19:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there anyway to add our product price to the item so that when you do a sales report it would break down how much you sold as well as how much you spent for the product that sold, so you know how much you made?

Ben

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - August 11 2007 :  03:21:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ben,

in short there isn't an easy way of doing this. It requires custom coding to bring the item cost price through the basket and into the oitems table and then you would have to change the SQL query in the admin pages to display the report you're looking for. Again this is an issue regarding relational databases but would be a standard procedure in accounting software.

As with your last pricing problem, if this is a really important issue, there is a way of getting the information out of the database by creating the relationships and pulling out the info straight from Access queries but you would have to add all the products cost prices to a field in the products table through the admin panel.

Perhaps the development guys could consider bringing a hidden unitcostprice field through the basket for an improved Sales Report. I think it's a good idea

If you really want to run some queries in Access I can help you out again (but not until Monday when I will back at my work pc)

Regards,
Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00