Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Copyright footer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jrh
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - October 16 2006 :  02:31:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking at your page http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=825 and trying to find out how to change the footer
"Copyright © 1999-2006 Rocksalt International Pty Ltd. All rights reserved."

The page explains
You will first need to create your language variables for each of your different languages.

Select Occasional Tasks from the top menu
I cannot find the link "Ocassional Tasks" I am using vpasp 6091
I am looking in http://localhost/vpasp/default.asp

I did try changing this in the languages table id=19 in the caption but it make no difference.
Can anyone please assist?
Thanks John

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - October 16 2006 :  11:46:00  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Occasional TAsks tab is located in the Admin Console. Unless you renamed it already as directed by the security checklist, it is file shopadmin.asp.

And that's not quite the right help note for what you want to do.

Once you go to the Occasional Tasks tab, then look at the International section and click on Edit Language.

Run a search against "caption" equals or starts with "you value here" and you should see 1 to many results depending on how tight your search request was.

Click on the Edit icon and change the caption to whatever you want. It can usually contain some HTML too. Click "update record".

IMPORTANT LAST STEP: Now you're back at the search screen. Click on Reset Language. Next screen, choose your language and Continue. Done.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

jrh
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - October 17 2006 :  01:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much eric for that excellent talk through the process. I did as you suggested and its working very well.

One interesting point that I noticed on the default.htm page the copyright is written in the code.

<td align="center"><p>Copyright © 1999-2006 Rocksalt International Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.</p></td>
Regards
John

Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - October 17 2006 :  10:52:43  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe the HTM files default and index are just for example if anyone wants a basically static home page. I always delete those 2 and use the default.ASP file. That one uses the language files for the copyright.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

jrh
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - October 17 2006 :  16:01:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Eric,
I dont have an index.htm but I get the idea, lots to learn in this. Guess it will take some time.
Regards
John
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00