Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Desperately need help on shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ibaker
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - October 12 2006 :  06:07:29  Show Profile  Visit ibaker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all
I have set up my shop and can't come to grips with the shipping.

My problem is that I don't know what to do as I have:
1. Products that I stock myself, I know their weights and shipping prices
2. Products that suppliers automatically ship to the customer - I don't know weights or shipping costs till after the order is placed and the supplier contacts me with the shipping price

How do I use vpasp PLUS to handle my shipping needs. the invoice automatically goes out to the customer when he places the order but without shipping costs. the customer has to wait until I can get onto the supplier to find out the shipping cost and email the customer with the price before they can pay - it's all a mess and I suspect that vpasp is not geared up for this type of setup.

How do others do it in their shops? I am really getting desperate on this so any help is greatly appreciated

regards
Ian

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - October 17 2006 :  05:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ian,

I have a similar problem and am trying to work out a solution that will handle it.

I have the same. i.e. items I stock, and items that I can routinely pickup, then others that are in other states that I would have sent direct to the customer.

I am trying to come up with a way of having a shipping cost per product and aggregated per supplier.

You can already do freight per product. I am looking at extending it to also be per supplier.

That way, if there are more than one item from that supplier, I'll want to add them togther and see if their aggregate weight means that they can be shipped for a single cost or a (cost plus item count * factor), rather than just adding up alot of freight.

That way I can get close enough to have an automatic calc.

I will want to have Aust Post & courier as ship options, so will have to work out those on the fly for the items I ship and then have a fixed ship cost for the drop ship items.

Not an easy task and quiet confusing....

I am a bit away from getting stuck into it, but hopefully will come out with something close.

Not much help for you, but I understand where you are coming from.....

rustytec
Go to Top of Page

ibaker
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - October 17 2006 :  05:37:17  Show Profile  Visit ibaker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rustytec - please, if you come up with a solution can you let me know - and good luck!

regards
Ian
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00