Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 USPS realtime
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jdb32
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - September 18 2006 :  08:48:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I purchased the USPS realtime package and registered with the USPS. According to the USPS documentation, you have to test your script before getting approval to access the production server, how can we test and do we have to or has VPASP already been approved? USPS only gave me a userid and not a password.

thanks
john

jdb32
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - September 20 2006 :  05:00:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Nevermind, I found the test scripts. Also USPS no longer requires the use of a password.

Another question: When a user select a shipping method from USPS Realtime, I want the actual method to be displayed in the order. Right now only the name of the shipping method is displayed. How can I add the actual metjhod selected?
Go to Top of Page

dafragan
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - September 20 2006 :  17:54:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

What version of VP-ASP do you have?

I know with some older versions it didn't used to do this, but in my copy of 6 it writes the chosen shipping method into the order record.

It might be worth asking support if they have an updated copy of the files for your version?

Seb
Go to Top of Page

jdb32
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - September 21 2006 :  05:06:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sebastian,

I am using the latest version of vpasp 6.09 the Starter pac with the Starter pac extras option. In my orders I only see "US Postal Service" which is what I name this method in the shipping section in Admin, but what I want to see is the method the user selected that came from the USPS, "Priority Flat-rate Box...".

thanks
Go to Top of Page

jdb32
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - September 21 2006 :  17:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found it. When the Select list is generated the values are sent only the price and not the actual method. By creating a new GenerateSelectV method using iFieldName instead of iFieldValues, I was able to populate the ShipMethod with the actual method that the user select.

quote:
Originally posted by jdb32

Thanks Sebastian,

I am using the latest version of vpasp 6.09 the Starter pac with the Starter pac extras option. In my orders I only see "US Postal Service" which is what I name this method in the shipping section in Admin, but what I want to see is the method the user selected that came from the USPS, "Priority Flat-rate Box...".

thanks

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 21 2006 :  17:49:28  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am glad to hear you have found a solution for this problem!

If anyone else has a similar issue, we have updated files that will resolve this.

If you contact us via our helpdesk at http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk we will be happy to send you the updated files.

Kind regards,
Claire Banks
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00