Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Running SO SLOW
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

femsawyer
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - September 20 2006 :  11:46:16  Show Profile  Visit femsawyer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My store is running so slow now after only a month or so of it being online. What do I do to see what's causing this?
Customers are really starting to complain and we're losing sales now.

Store is here: http://shop.3scrapateers.com

Thanks,
Lianne

Partner/Designer: www.3Scrapateers.com
Digital Scrapbooking - Preserve your Memories!

Alan F
VP-CART New User

102 Posts

Posted - September 20 2006 :  12:42:10  Show Profile  Visit Alan F's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

I would first look in the directory where the database is held and see if an .ldb file has being generated.

This is an access lock file and may be what is causing the problem

There are other causes but this is the one that can be checked and fixed quickly

Regards

Alan
www.design365.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

femsawyer
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - September 20 2006 :  12:50:02  Show Profile  Visit femsawyer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes - one of these shows up, stays for about 30 seconds and then disappears.
Should this be happening? If not, how do I stop it?

Thanks,
Lianne

Go to Top of Page

Alan F
VP-CART New User

102 Posts

Posted - September 20 2006 :  16:37:16  Show Profile  Visit Alan F's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Lianne

This is probably an issue for your hosting company. I am guessing the directories containing your database are not set up correctly

However, one thing you can try is to download the Access database and run the database repair tool in access. This will eliminate the possibility of a corrupt database causing the problem

Hope this helps

Alan
Go to Top of Page

femsawyer
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - September 20 2006 :  17:25:08  Show Profile  Visit femsawyer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we have a self managed server so I guess that would make us the hosting company. I downloaded a copy of the database and did a compact and repair on it and it reduced the file size from about 20mb to 8.5mb. I put this one in place of the main database and it didn't speed it up at all and the ldb file is still popping up and disappearing.
What do I need to change on the directories?

Go to Top of Page

Alan F
VP-CART New User

102 Posts

Posted - September 21 2006 :  02:17:44  Show Profile  Visit Alan F's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

directory permissions need to be drw-rw-rw-

you might want to try creating a new db directory and uploading the new file to there

don't forget to change the shop$config file

Regards

Alan
Go to Top of Page

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - September 21 2006 :  07:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lianne,

There are a few posts here about slow response times. I found one that is not mentioned so far:

quote:
......It turns out that the 1st line on shop$db.asp had been changed from response.buffer=TRUE to response.buffer=False.....

So perhaps check this file also.

It does seem however the ldb could be the line of problem. I running an access database in test (on the web) and I have not seen an Ldb file appear at all.

Also check back through your changes lately, has anything changed since the last time it was running well?

Also check that you have the right path in the config for xmysite: This represents the URL of your site where the shopping cart files are located (eg. http://www.yourvpaspwebsiteurl.com/vpasp).

regards

rustytec
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - September 21 2006 :  08:08:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody,

If you database at 8.5mb I would think about SQL Server or MySQL. This much quicker as database.

Access only lollipop database for small shop. If you have lot of customers and products you go better with SQL. (no flames please ;)

Scoota
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00