Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Changing layout
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rim911
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - March 01 2006 :  12:15:23  Show Profile  Visit Rim911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are there any other layouts that come with VPASP? If not how do I change the layout? Is there anyway to customize my own html into the site? The old host I was with broke down the site into top html left nav html right column html and so on. Does VP ASP do something similar?

cheers

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 01 2006 :  12:40:56  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
vpasp is basically just broken down into 2 main files for that aspect; shoppage_header.htm and shoppage_trailer.htm, so you can change those files as much as you want, where shoppage_header.htm does the top/left panel and the start of the main contents, and shoppage_trailer.htm does the end of the main contents and the right/bottom panels.

if you want to split things down further and maintain each element (body tags, meta tags, title tags, top panel, left panel, right panel, bottom panel, javascript header etc etc) all into separate files and generally play around with different options without having to delve into the surrounding/panelling html logic, then you might find our panel-splitter for vpasp addon very useful; we use it all the time; saves a huge amount of development time and also helps reduce html errors:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=26

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Rim911
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - March 02 2006 :  09:01:27  Show Profile  Visit Rim911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay so I see that header is the top and left side and the other file is the bottom and right side... but what is in the middle? What files control the middle portion? I tried making my own html template but the middle makes the left ontop the middle and the bottom below it rather on the same level
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 02 2006 :  09:06:10  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the end of shoppage_header.htm is the start of the middle, and the start of shoppage_trailer.htm is the end of the middle

the main contents would be taken from the asp page that you're browsing rather than the header/trailer.

a default standard asp file's contents would be:

<!--#include file="shop$db.asp"-->
<%shoppageheader%>

all your main/central panel's html contents here

<%shoppagetrailer%>

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

Edited by - devshb on March 02 2006 09:09:21
Go to Top of Page

Rim911
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - March 02 2006 :  09:17:46  Show Profile  Visit Rim911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also noticed all these html files like tmp_frontpage.htm, I guess these are the "middle templated" for the products and other parts of the site?
Go to Top of Page

Rim911
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - March 02 2006 :  09:39:50  Show Profile  Visit Rim911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I decided to go with mssql 2000, what do I do with the shopping600.mdb databasefile? Do I put it in a database folder like I did with acess? Im a little confused on these steps
Add the VP-ASP Tables

Load the configuration table with default values

Edited by - Rim911 on March 02 2006 09:44:43
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 02 2006 :  09:50:11  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you're using sqlserver, you don't need that mdb file at all; just make sure you've got a backup copy of it somewhere on your pc and then delete it from the site

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

Rim911
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - March 02 2006 :  10:06:04  Show Profile  Visit Rim911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am getting run time errors now, do i need to set permission levels? I cant even create my tables i am getting this error for the tables Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'
Object required: 'conn'

/shop$db.asp, line 1320
and for the shopping cart i am getting:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required: ''

/shopproductsubs.asp, line 292

and for testing database i am getting:
VP-ASP Diagnostics 6.00
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'
Object required: 'dbc'

/shopinitapplication.asp, line 26

In the shop_config file under const xdblocation="database" is that
set correctly?

Edited by - Rim911 on March 02 2006 11:04:27
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 06 2006 :  01:33:10  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Please see the following help note for details on how to configure your shop$config.asp file when using sql server.
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=806

If you are still having issues, please log a support ticket to our helpdesk at https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk including your site and FTP details and we will take a look into your set up.

Thank you

Regards,
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00