Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 Gateway recommendation(s)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

few1938
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - November 16 2004 :  04:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Helping my daughter setup an ecommerce site and she has contracted with InnvoativeGateWay Solutions. So far their trouble desk has not been able to determine an error condition. Therefore she is looking for another more responsive credit card verification service.

I'm asking for recommendation(s) and success stories.

TIA for your responses/help.

Frank

eabrams
VP-CART New User

USA
72 Posts

Posted - November 16 2004 :  10:38:21  Show Profile  Visit eabrams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We use Plug n Pay (plugnpay.com)for about 10 of your accounts and have been very happy. Email me if you would like a contact at plug and Pay.

go to www.spws.net for my email.
Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - November 16 2004 :  18:49:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far, Paypal is good. No monthly dues and is effective.

Go to Top of Page

bpayne
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - December 07 2004 :  18:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

So far, Paypal is good. No monthly dues and is effective.

Do your customers have to have a Paypal account?
Do they have to log on to Paypal to use it? Or is it completely transparent to the end user that Paypal is involved.
Does the charge appear on their account as 'PAYPAL *[Your company]'?
What are their initial fees?

[email protected]

Go to Top of Page

Ben
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - December 19 2004 :  05:17:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Payers do not have to login or register,payers can just pay directly from their bank or credit card.
check it out and have more detail info https://www.paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=TW9UK8Z5E35NJ

Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - December 27 2004 :  17:18:49  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use authorizenet, and have been happy with it. I go through US Merchant Systems. They charge a higher percentage, but I do not pay a gateway or statement fee. For me, it is worth it, but if you have a high volume, it might not be. They offer different plans, though.

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

Johnusus
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - January 21 2005 :  10:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beware of PayPal.
If you use it, be carful.

More information can be found at
http://DoNOTusePayPal.com/

[email protected]
Remove ' -at ' from email name.
Just used to keep spammers away :)
Go to Top of Page

OceanArtwork
Starting Member

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - January 23 2005 :  15:58:14  Show Profile  Visit OceanArtwork's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well
I was almost ready to launch my web site using Paypal but now after reading that last post I did a search on
'Paypal is no good" and "Paypal sucks" and came up with several web sites that are along the same theme
This is a real worry for me especially when you read about sellers whose money has been frozen and in some cases absorbed or completely dissapeared into Paypal
I think I will just have to bite the bullet and start a merchant account
Im not sure if I can trust Paypal now .
I certainly cant afford for funds to be frozen or even worse lose them altogether
Is there anyone out there who would shed a little more light on this subject
Im totally confused now
Dan

Go to Top of Page

Gallifrey
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - January 24 2005 :  15:11:06  Show Profile  Visit Gallifrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would recommend that you check out VeriSign.
Popular with large online retail shops.

Go to Top of Page

Miva
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - February 18 2005 :  06:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I am not mistaken VeriSign is only a payment gateway. So one will also need to have a merchant account.

Go to Top of Page

Miva
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - February 24 2005 :  08:38:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can also check 2checkout and ikobo. Worldpay is also seems to be a reliable company, but I heard they’d raised their fees. But if you run a profitable business you can check them too.

Go to Top of Page

Justntyme
Starting Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - March 07 2005 :  10:32:27  Show Profile  Visit Justntyme's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I highly reccommend Paypal as your payment gateway! I have used them for over 4 years for 10's of thousands of dollars with never a hickkup! As for the sights that condemn Paypal, I read some of them and you have to just take their information at face value. Paypal is used by hundreds of thousands of people around the world and is owned by eBay now. It is a very highly reputable company and you will never have any trouble with them if you operate an honest business. I know I may sound like a paypal rep, but I am not. Just a VERY satisfied customer. You can check me out on eBay. My user name is Justntyme, that will just give you an idea of how much business I have done. 90% of my customers on eBay pay with Paypal. Here is an easy link to my seller page: Justntyme on eBay
Go with Paypal and you will not be dissapointed!

Mike
www.PatternManiac.com

Edited by - justntyme on March 07 2005 10:42:58
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00