Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Error with asp -- but why??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - April 22 2004 :  11:55:11  Show Profile  Visit johnrobinson@grahamcrackers.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Site has been running swimmingly recently, then late this morning I suddenly get the following error:
The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the grahamcrackers.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) Sun-ONE-ASP/4.0.0 mod_fastcgi/2.2.12 mod_perl/1.26 PHP/4.3.3 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Sun ONE ASP VBScript compilation (0x800A03EA)
'Private' not allowed within Functions or Subs
shopfileio.asp, line 260, column 12

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

Page:
GET /shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp
--------------------------------------------------------
I made no changes to shopefileio.asp so why is it suddenly having problems with line 260 column 12?
...I've e-mailed my host in case it's something on their end. I could understand the error happening if I was monkeying around with the site - but I hadn't made any changes this morning!
Anyone ever had this happen out of the blue like this?

thanks
--John Robinson
www.grahamcrackers.com

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 22 2004 :  14:12:48  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately SUN has put out a new version of SUN ASP (chillisoft) and made it incompatible with both Microsoft ASP and their own previous versions of Chillisoft.

This has caused consternation for every SUN ASP customer including VP-ASP. We believe we have resolved all the know issues and can send a refresh release of the files if necessary.

This is not a VP-ASP issue as such. It is a SUN ASP issue which we do have a solution for.

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - April 22 2004 :  14:32:18  Show Profile  Visit johnrobinson@grahamcrackers.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howard -
Can I please get the fix? I'm running vp-asp 4.5 on a linux. My site has been unable to take orders all day because of this stupid upgrade from SUN.
Let me know what you need so I can get this resolved as soon as possible.

thanks

--John Robinson
www.grahamcrackers.com
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 22 2004 :  17:46:06  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
does anyone have a link which explains the technical-points which sun have screwed up ?

(that'd be useful if anyone's got it so I can check for compatability issues on stuff that I've done which now might suddenly break in the same way).

Simon Barnaby
Freelance Developer
Java-E UK
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

GTM
VP-CART New User

USA
122 Posts

Posted - April 23 2004 :  00:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds like Sun upgraded without checking compatiblity issues anyways here is a site I found that might have some things to review.

http://docs.sun.com/source/817-2518-10/s1asp4README_Windows.html
http://docs.sun.com/source/816-7159-10/pt_chap8.html

Good Luck,
Greg

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00