Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-Cart 8.00 Issues
 Free Shipping issue over $$ amount (US Only)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bardentech
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - February 21 2017 :  20:33:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having an issue with providing free shipping to customers when their order is over $50. This would be simple if we didn''t ship to Canada and internationally as well. We only offer free shipping to US customer. I used to set it to $0 during checkout in Version 7 if the orderamount was over $50 and oShipcountry was US but that only seemed to work 80% of the time. Some reason it would still charge shipping on some customers that met the criteria.

In version 8 I changed to ship by country and use a price range. I added one for Canada (any amount), one for Other (any amount) and two for the US. One from $0-$49.99 and one from $50 and over (which is free). However, this is calculated against the product total regardless of discounts. Therefore if someone has $51 in products and uses a 40% off coupon, they still get free shipping. The main problem is the shipping dropdown in shopcustomer.asp is on the same page as the coupon discount code. The user actually selects the free shipping before they enter the code as it''s on the bottom of the page.

Has anyone else run into this? I''m sure I''m not the only one to give free shipping based on order amount?

Any assistance would be great.

danielrichardson
VP-CART Super User

Australia
276 Posts

Posted - February 22 2017 :  08:10:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi brad, I think shipping cost should be based on product cost. not based on product cost + discount. but you are using pricerange, better you post into helpdesk for know the logic.
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - February 22 2017 :  13:05:14  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think price range shipping cost is calculated after a discount, try to activate the shipping ajax function, so it will automatically recalculating then something is changed

*peace - serj*
Go to Top of Page

bardentech
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - February 23 2017 :  08:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daniel, why would shipping cost be based on product cost without a discount? That makes no sense. It''s ORDERS over $$, not product. The order includes discounts. No other site works that way.

Serj, I do have Ajax shipping, but that seems to be updated based only on the address before the discount is applied.
Go to Top of Page

danielrichardson
VP-CART Super User

Australia
276 Posts

Posted - February 24 2017 :  06:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@bradentech, good advice, they may have their own considerations. let them know in the helpdesk.

Edited by - danielrichardson on February 24 2017 07:00:01
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00