Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 v8 wish list
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - November 20 2014 :  09:38:07  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a wish list for v8 anywhere?

One thing I would like to see is a multiple image upload for each product where you only had to open one window to choose an image for each image field & upload them all in one go to save all that opening & closing of windows if you are adding multiple images, thanks.

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - November 21 2014 :  06:02:45  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sharon for your post to this topic.

My product images are saved in folders organized by category. Now I have to enter manually the full path. It would be nice if you could select, and create, the subdirectory through a menu, like the category selection in the shopa_addproduct.asp page.

By the way, I had to make a few corrections to the code in file shopa_uploadpop.asp:

Around line 215 : ''setsess "uploaddirectory","" (outquoted to keep last full path in memory)

Around line 224 : Directory = getSess("uploaddirectory") ''(use getSess and not session("uploaddirectory") )

To s elect images, a "drag-and-drop" system would be great. I saw this operation mode in Magento (php). Another point would be the ability to automatically resize images.

I hope these ideas are useful.

Kind regards,

Erik
www.aquathermia.com
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - November 28 2014 :  04:04:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
manilow, resizing images is possible if your web host company has the aspjpeg component installed on their server.
i think v7 already having this one.
my wishlist for v8 is to have phone call addon.i have a lot clients phone call me, but when i open my site, i getting hard time to quickly taking their data . i need fast response form order to take order by phone.
i would like this can be in v8.
diego.
Go to Top of Page

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - November 28 2014 :  06:56:49  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Diego,

aspjpeg can do the job indeed but needs to be installed on the server.

I''m running a Virtual Dedicated Server. To install aspjpeg, I need to buy a Licence, do I ? My suggestion was to find a way to resize pictures without external components.

Regards,

Erik
www.aquathermia.com
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - December 16 2014 :  10:55:54  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
there''s a lot of similar component but non of them are free, this is important component for windows server, so i don''t think vendor will give it for free, why they have to give it for free if they can make money from it?

*serj*
Go to Top of Page

squirrel
VP-CART New User

USA
73 Posts

Posted - December 17 2015 :  20:38:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@manilow

Yes, the ''drag-and-drop'' seems to be a norm nowadays. Hopefully, the VP guys will take note of this as this will make my life easier

Thanks,
Daniel

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00