Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 New Upgrade Price Structure for Verion 9
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

InkMagic
VP-CART New User

123 Posts

Posted - September 12 2018 :  21:46:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW, first off, can''t believe the last post in the comments section was over 2 years ago, going on to 3!! Really?

I purchased the Version 8 Upgrade as soon as it came out. I count 10 Updates between April 2015 when it came out and April 2016 when my 1 year of free updates ended. There were probably more which I didn''t download. This is really time consuming updating your websites almost monthly!

By the end of my 1 year of free updates, VPASP Version 8 was still pretty buggy and a couple main features such as the Side Filter Manager had just come out of beta with no documentation that I could find so I never did use it.

I swore I would never jump on a new major version upgrade when it first came out. I''d wait at least six months but probably a year before buying it ... giving VPASP programmers the time to work out all the bugs.

Well to day I did buy the Version 9 Upgrade ... Why? .... because of their new Upgrade Schedule being introduced when Version 9 is released.

The following table outlines our new pricing structure for license renewals:

Time from purchase:

Price:

0 – 12 months Free download/upgrade

12 – 24 months $399 USD

24 – 36 months -- $499 USD

36 months onward -- $599 USD

So, I had the choice of upgrading now at $399 US$ before Version 9 is released or wait 6 months or a year for all the bugs to be worked out and pay $599 US$.

The new upgrade pricing structure is pretty transparent, it''s to get us to upgrade every 12 - 24 months, otherwise pay more. Personally, I don''t see enough new features to upgrade every couple years.

I guess the bottom line is, I don''t like to be ''pushed'' into upgrading before the new version is out and debugged. Learned my lesson with Version 8 initial release. Not at all impressed with the new Upgrade Pricing Structure, again aimed at forcing us to upgrade every 2 years or pay more later.

Lastly, with version 8 I felt like the first year was more of a ''Beta Test'' than the actual finished product. Pretty obvious when updates come out monthly. I really have no reason to figure Version 9 will be any different.

Did anyone notice how vague the new ''features'' in version 9 is on the VPASP website? This new menu structure which helps customers find what they want faster? Really, where do I see that? What do the new menus look like and how are they any different than the ones in Version 8?

Better website design. Better search etc, etc, etc .... No screen captures, no visuals so how we know what we''re purchasing. I feel like I just spent $400 (Actually it''s closer to $500 CDN$) for something I have no idea if it is one bit better than what I''m using. Looks and sounds like a lot of raaaa, raaaa , raaa to me.

Anyway, that''s my 2 cents worth. Anyone else want to chime in on this?

I would love to know other peoples'' feelings.

Dale

Edited by - InkMagic on September 13 2018 15:14:55

Alex123
VP-CART Super User

USA
223 Posts

Posted - September 13 2018 :  14:12:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems they have started providing VPCart9 pack for beta testing on request. You may contact VPCart support to setup a test VPCart 9 site. Hope for the best :)

Alex
Go to Top of Page

InkMagic
VP-CART New User

123 Posts

Posted - September 13 2018 :  15:28:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alex:

Thank you for your response. I wasn''t aware you could get a copy of the Beta version just by asking.

I''m getting into my busy season so I think I will upgrade my websites from Version 8 to 9 over the Christmas holidays. By that time hopefully they should have a lot of the bugs worked out plus I will have time to work on any problems that arise.

Have a GREAT day!
Dale
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00