Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Membership/Subscription question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - June 12 2014 :  04:34:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I''ve just tested the 100% discount and I cannot get this to work either. Not good.
However, there is a fairly simple way round this.
Choose a field in the product record that you don''t use (price3 etc) and set this to zero price. You can run a SET SQL query to batch update this field. I can help with this if necessary, just ask :)
Add the name of this field to the Product Price Field in the Customer Group.
Remove the discount entry in the Customer Discount field of the group.
When any customer logs in and they are a member of this group, they will see price zero for the product.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - June 12 2014 :  15:54:41  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Carrol,

THANK YOU! for your help.
Could you help me with the "SET SQL query to batch update this field"

The field I am using is Other1 (pother1) I set it to "0" in the product item.

The group is now setup as follow:

Group Name 3MonthsMem
Description 3 Months Membership
Discount
Product Price Field pother1
Priority
Type dynamic

SQL Query

s.e.l.e.c.t. distinct c.contactid from customers c,orders o, oitems oi Where c.contactid = o.ocustomerid and o.orderid = oi.orderid and o.odate <= getdate() and o.odate >= DATEADD(m, -3,getdate()) and oi.catalogid = [My Number] and o.oprocessed = 1 and o.ocardtype in (''Paypal'')

I received this query from the help desk and it works but is not dynamic, you can read the details in other of my replies here in this Forum topic.

I had a reply from Cam at the Help Desk but now they say my version is too old to work this.
I have 7.01 which I upgraded last year. I am waiting for a reply about when they upgraded to 7.02.

In the mean time I would like to try your suggestion, but as you already realized, I am not very good creating the query codes

I hope you will be able to help me (MORE) with this. Otherwise I will think about changing cart, because every time I want to use a feature that is suppose to be included in the Plus version I need to spend other $249 which is not my intention this time.

Thanks again

Sonia Carter
www.babynucci.com

Edited by - soncci on June 12 2014 16:39:34
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 12 2014 :  23:27:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sonia,

The way you need to set up the product is to use say price2 for the customergroup price. So once logged in they will see the new price, which in your case would be 0.

Unfortunately I was wrong with being able to put in a percentage to get 100% off as the way it works is any number less the 1 is counted as a percentage and any number more than 1 is counted as a whole number to be deducted.

So you need to use the customer pricing feature as you have mentioned.

On the test site I have created for you it shows the price of the TV chair in the Living > Seating category being 0 once logged in as a customer in the membership group as i have added 0 as the price in price2.

Please check and see what I mean.

Thanks

Cam Flanigan
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - June 13 2014 :  16:57:14  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As promise I am posting an update.

Thank you all for all your help.

I followed Cam instructions which are similar to Carrol last suggestion, and the 100% discount is setup it is working now.
"The way you need to set up the product is to use say price2 for the customergroup price (in the item you use as membership).
So once the customer is setup as art of the group and logged in they will see the new price, which in my case would be 0."

So, The Group is setup BUT
1) The customer group is not dynamic, is working but I need to click on the refresh button in the Group Admin to be able to get the customer included in the group.
I asked the help desk if Is this the part, you mentioned before, that was not available in my cart version 7.01 Plus?

The recurring billing also is setup ...

BUT:

2) I am not sure if the Recurring billing will send AUTOMATICALLY the email.
I changed the dates IN THE ORDER AND IN THE RECURRING BILLING RECORD FOR THAT TRANSACTION, but still have to click on the sending e-mail button to get the reminder.
I will set an order and will wait until tomorrow (6/14) to see if the e-mail is automatically sent.

Or,.... Is this also something manual?

I am waiting for more information about the questions I asked to the Help Desk

Thanks again. Carrol and Cam

Sonia carter
www.babynucci.com
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - June 14 2014 :  12:18:57  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, the last post I guess, this is what I got from Help Desk, not happy though :

HELP DESK: (These are the answers to the questions in my last post)
1. (Customer Group Feature) That is correct. In the first release of this module it needed the button to be clicked. In later releases we automated this to improve the feature.

As shown in the test site the process is now automatic.

2. (Recurring Billing Add-on) You will need to just click that link once a day and the emails will be sent out.

If you miss a few days and click the link it will send for all of the previous day that were not sent so is ok to miss a day.

If you need to automate the sending of the emails this can be done through a combination of custom coding and setting up a scheduled task on the server. This will allow it to run at the same time each day without intervention.

3. Version 7.02 was released July 2012.

ME:

But then why I do not have the latest 7.02 if I upgraded in May 1,2012

Here it is the receipt:

Paypal: May 1, 2012 20:18:52 PDT
Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

VP-ASP Shopping Cart - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Item# XXXXXXXXXXXXX $249.00 USD 1 $249.00 USD
Subtotal $249.00 USD
Total $249.00 USD
Payment $249.00 USD

HELP DESK:

Because you upgraded in May, not July. So if you used the version you downloaded then you will not have this feature.

Our Business Ready customers have free upgrades for the life of their store however externally hosted customers do not unfortunately. VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE IN MIND

We continually add to the program and make improvements hence why we do ask customers to renew their licenses to get these new features.

Thank you for your understanding.

ME:

Well Cam it is not fair.

The 7.02 is not exactly an upgrade but an update.

From May though July is not 12 months is just lets put it longest 3 months.

I got the 7.01 then for $249 and 3 months later was I suppose to pay another $249 to get the 7.02 , no way.

I am not satisfied with that answer and at the same time I cannot do anything about it, right?

That''s it!!!

Sonia Carter
www.babynucci.com
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - June 15 2014 :  13:53:10  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Last update:

[6/15/2014 8:35:00 AM - support5]
I''m sorry for any misunderstanding.

You get 12 months access to any updates and upgrades with your license renewal.

You just need to download the latest version and upgrade your site.

We sent out a newsletter and advertised on our site about the release of 7.02. Did you not download this?

If not I can send you a copy from when we released.

It will only be a copy from when your license was active so won''t have any of the more recent updates but it will have the feature you are looking for.

You will then be able to look through the code and apply it to your store.

Let me know if you want this and I will have admin send it out for you

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Cam Flanigan
VPASP Support

[6/15/2014 12:55:00 PM - soniac]
Dear Cam,

Thank you very much.
I was not expecting less.
I had been a loyal customer and user of VPASP since, I believe, version 4.0

I never received the 7.02 newsletter about the update, otherwise I would download and install the new files.
I checked my VPASP folder and e-mails but I can confirm I did not get that newsletter.

Please send me the 7.02 copy I would really appreciate it.

And looking forward to the update to 8.0.

Thanks again

Sonia Carter
www.babynucci.com
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - June 16 2014 :  03:57:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness Sonia, what a carry on, but glad you have finally got things sorted. I didn''t have access to a computer this weekend so didn''t see your request for the SQL update query. If you still need to change all the products'' price2 field here is the code which you would enter into the convertsql.asp page. You might have to upload the convertsql.asp file to your host server as it would have been removed before the site went live with the last upgrade.
UPDATE products SET price2=0.00
Reload your configuration after running this, and delete the convertsql.asp file from your host server when finished

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - June 16 2014 :  11:30:24  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes Carrol, had been long but finally we understood each other.
I am waiting for the file from admin as Cam promise.

Thank you for the SQL update query, I believe I do not need to use it since the Group and price2 are working. Only the dynamic part is not but will be fixed with the new version. But I have the SQL query available here just in case .

Thanks again for all your help.

Sonia
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 05 2014 :  00:22:36  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

we have a helpnote related to this :
http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/kb/31-Administration/1164-How-To-Set-up-Recurring-Billing-Membership-With-Business-Rule-Combined-With-Customer-Group-Feature/

For other members forum that want to setup the same, can refer to the helpnote above.

Thanks
VPASP ADMIN
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00