Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Skipping Payment Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jimw13uk
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - August 13 2004 :  06:25:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having the same problem but all I want to do is save the credit card details on the sql server db and then i can process them through manually. The site isnt live yet and is sat on http://localhost and i dont have multiple domain names and i still skip the credit card page completely

Go to Top of Page

epseja
VP-CART New User

USA
61 Posts

Posted - September 23 2006 :  12:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonmadrid
The solution? Simple. I just wrote a little bit of code that detects if the visitor is on the same domain the xSSL variable is set to, and if not bumps them over. I put it in the top of the shop$db.asp file so as soon as they even enter the cart they will be bumped to the correct domain. There's no way of getting around it and you can have 100 different domains pointin to the same site and this will still work.

Hi, your code looks good enough, but I think it will only work if all of the cart pages reside on the secure server -- not just the payment page. Is this correct?
Go to Top of Page

dafragan
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - September 24 2006 :  18:39:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I think you're right, it does look like you would need to have all of your cart code on the secure server.

In my experience, the only foolproof way of stopping this from happening is to get an SSL certificate of your own instead of using Shared SSL.

Just because of the way ASP handles sessions, it's really hard to stop customers losing sessions when they are being passed across multiple servers.

Seb
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00