Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Free Shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - April 12 2010 :  08:49:14  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an item that is marked as free shipping, when i go to checkout it still wants me to select a shipping option. I have no shipping options specified since i want to use the Canada Post add on, if i specify free shipping the drop down box will also show free shipping if an item doesn't qualify.

Also when somebody selects the checkout is it possible for the program to send the buyer to the login page first if they are not logged in ?

Thanks in advance

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - April 12 2010 :  12:12:12  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am upgrading our cart to 7.0 and using the HK shipping add on, as I believe it is really worth it. I had a similar issue and he said he would program it in so that orders under our free shipping mark would not see free shipping as an option.

http://www.hkprog.com/vpasp/shipping.htm

For checkout, in the config there is a setting for that:
xpromptforlogin - yes
Xlogonrequired - yes
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - April 12 2010 :  15:00:12  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Savvy
Thank you.
I had the xpromptforlogin set to yes already
not sure if i want to set the Xlogonrequired to yes but i tried it and that doesn't make a difference the autoreload config is set to yes but i reloaded anyway and no difference i can order an item and go to checkout without being prompted to log in and sometimes i do get prompted to log in.
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - April 14 2010 :  03:16:20  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is caching if it does it sometimes. You will have to completely reset the cache and delete the cookies and/or change the shop config file's store name to get it to change correctly for you.

Love that there is not the huge session loss issue, but for testing the site, it isn't so much fun.

I usually will open an incognito window in Chrome after deleting all cookies and clearing the cache and use that to test (FireFox is my default browser).

Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00