Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 home page customizing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - March 29 2010 :  14:50:32  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have looked at 6.5 in the past and am interested in purchasing v7 just wondering if the "shoppage_header.htm" can be edited the same in 7.0 as it was in 6.5

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 29 2010 :  19:44:55  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes, it can be edited the same way.

The code that's inside it is more "functional" than before though, so it's basically a bit of html with a handful of quite high-level vbscript function calls that do quite a lot of stuff.

However, the good point is that you have a choice, and you can mix+match, because it also has a detailed template file (shoppage_template.htm) which breaks-down the individual html bits a lot more.

This means that you can use the vpasp "layout manager" to control the panel elements, or, if you want more detailed control then you can use the shoppage_template.htm as your base for your header/trailer files and then code things in there manually.

You can do quite a lot of tweaks via the layout manager without having to change the actual template files. You can move the elements around, hide them, add new html elements, change the formatting/options of them etc; it's well worth playing around on the layout manager to see what you can do before you start trying to manually tweak the header/trailer files.

But, you might also find this handy if you want to code-up vbscript elements for your panels but still want to also keep the layout manager with the simple templates:
BYZ162 - Extra Panel Elements for VP-ASP (VP-ASP V7 or above only):
http://www.bigyellowkey.com/mysoftware_product_details.asp?prdid=363&opu=n

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on March 29 2010 19:56:33
Go to Top of Page

MartinInBath
Starting Member

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - March 31 2010 :  18:03:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was curious about this too. Particularly I was wondering where would you edit the header image to use the mailto: function (eg for enquiries) instead of the automatic link to the homepage?
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - April 14 2010 :  03:20:51  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Download the design guide and the user guide and you should be good ;).

I would encourage you to consider using the 'contact us' link/page that comes with the site. Many people use webmail (gmail, aol, hotmail, etc.) and for them, a mailto: will open a default email program (outlook express, thunderbird) and the like.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00