Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 1 from column A and 2 from column B
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - January 24 2010 :  03:11:29  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to offer a bundle for my customers, but don't want to create a thousand separate bundles in the database.

We have all the items we want to include as individual products. What I want to do is let the customer choose 1 from column A and 2 from column B, offering a discounted price on the set. You can substitute the word 'category' for 'column', if that helps.

I am currently in 6.5, but hope to upgrade soon to 7.0. Does anyone know if this can be done in either version?

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - January 24 2010 :  15:52:49  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought I figured it out, but then, nope. Don't think that I did. There has to be a way to do it...

Can you use the configurator?

http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/shopexd.asp?id=130#130
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - January 31 2010 :  13:30:24  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The configurator looks like the standard attributes/options/features function that is standard now in VPASP. Using features just isn't practical for me, here is why.

What I want to make is a brewing bundle. This bundle uses two jars of honey, and one spice kit.

The spice kits are constant. I can list those as features.

Honey is a commodity, and as such, when I run out I might now have more until next year. Availability can change on a daily basis. When I run out of something, I want to change it in one place - the products table - not two (ie, products table and a features list).

Hence, a simple solution would be to create a "bundle" that has one item from category A (the spice kits), and two items from category B (the jars of honey).

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - February 04 2010 :  02:31:57  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you find a way to do this? I am looking to do something similar -- Like

ItemA - Hat,
ItemB - Sunglasses and then you can use those to create
ItemC - Hat and Sunglasses Combo

Bundling is supposed to be a feature in 7.0 - have you made the upgrade?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00