Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 authorize.net - SIM or AIM?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

abbaroo
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - September 25 2009 :  16:57:15  Show Profile  Visit abbaroo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We're setting up our VP-ASP shopping cart and going with authorize.net to process they payments. I see that there are two different add-on packages - AIM or SIM.
What are the advantages to go with one way or the other?

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - September 26 2009 :  01:09:49  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AIM is the best way to go. AIM stands for Advanced Integration Method. It will keep the look and feel of your site and send the cc info to Authorize.net. It makes the customer feel more secure. You will need a SSL on your site for this -- I like Comodo because of their little secured cert graphic - it helps conversions.

SIM is Simple Integration Method. You get a nasty, generic looking page from authorize.net and the person will need to press continue to spit back the data to the cart for it to work 100%. It just doesn't look as nice.

Either way, do copy the AuthNet seal and put it at the login page or in the cart.
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - October 20 2009 :  20:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with savvymedias, but one other issue should be taken into consideration:

You need to do a lot more work to be PCI compliant with AIM than with SIM. The difference is whether you pass information directly from your website to Authorizenet (AIM), or if it is entered on authorizenet directly (SIM). I still use AIM, but ended up having to switch to a more secure server in order to become compliant. (I use Rocksalt for hosting as well, and they have been great working with me on this process. It has been quite a learning experience...)

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

mrmcgroovy
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 19 2011 :  05:16:10  Show Profile  Visit mrmcgroovy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to install Authroize.net payment gateway, and only SIM is available from the VP-ASP Gateway download page.
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/epdownload700.asp

Where do you download the AIM gateway?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 19 2011 :  05:26:37  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

Because of PCI changes how merchants accept credit cards on their site has now changed in version 7.0.

We have partnered with CRE Secure to offer PCI compliant card acceptance.

You can still accept cards on your site but to be PCI compliant you need to use CRE Secure in between the checkout and Authorizenet.

This allows you to have a PCI storefront.

These changes are not ideal but this is the most affordable method we have found on how to achieve this for merchants.

PCI compliance is something that is being forced onto all merchants by Visa and MasterCard so everyone will need to consider how they want to approach this.

If you want to take cards on your site you need something like CRE Secure. if you are happy to use AuthNet SIM then you do not need it.

CRE Secure is built into the admin of VPASP under Modules > Payment Gateways.

You can sign up through here.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: