Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 BYZ VAT plug-in not showing new rate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neoshady
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - January 04 2011 :  08:13:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I installed the BYZ VAT plugin over a year ago, and got it successfully displaying VAT, but i updated the VAT rate today to 20% for the UK, and although it calculates it correctly in the checkout, the BYZ part that displays the VAT separately on the product listings is still showing it at the old rate of 17.5%.

I presumed that the BYZ plugin pulled the data from the countries database which is where VPASP gets it from. Am I wrong?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Many thanks

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 04 2011 :  08:18:11  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Yes; you'd also need to change this config option in the setup tab (ie the database-held configuration values) :
xtaxeurate

That should fix it. If it doesn't, then let us know.

Some places get the rate from the config option, some from the countries table; our tax addon takes it from the config option (xtaxeurate).

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on January 04 2011 08:19:15
Go to Top of Page

neoshady
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - January 04 2011 :  10:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Simon

For reasons unknown, I don't have the xtaxeurate field. Why would this be?
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 04 2011 :  13:17:32  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's hidden in 6.5 onwards; it's no longer used by generic vpasp, although it is still in the database as a config option.
vpasp now uses per-country/state rates rather than the xtaxeurate config value.
The way to unhide it (so you can tweak/view it) is to go to edit-tables in admin, choose the configuration table, then search on fieldname containing tax, then edit the relevant option and set the showfield value to Yes.
Then you'll be able to view/edit it.
For vpasp 6.5 onwards, it's only used by our addon, not by generic vpasp.

As far as I know, the tax rate of different countries is irrelevant for eu merchants; it's only the merchant's own country's tax rate that'd be used; it doesn't matter where the customer comes from. (then, when ordering, the system will decide whether or not vat is payable for the customer, depending on their country and their vat-number; the same rate's used regardless, ie it'll either use a given rate, or it won't apply any tax; it wouldn't use different rates for different customer countries for eu merchants; at least that's how I'd expect it to work; eg our customers from france wouldn't pay french tax rates when buying from the uk; they'd pay uk vat rates)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on January 04 2011 13:19:59
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly