Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Ordering in multiples
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

allegro
Starting Member

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - June 29 2009 :  05:23:58  Show Profile  Visit allegro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if I can set up my shop so that customers can order only in multiples of 3? I don't want to do this as a store-wide thing, because some of our products will be orders of 1 or more. I know I can make the minimum order 3, for example, but then can I set things up so that if the customer wants more than 3, they can only order in multiples of 3, eg. 6, 9, 12, etc.

Thanks,
Helene

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - June 29 2009 :  07:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Helene,

we are also wholesalers to retail trade only and we have products which can only be sold in mulitiples of 2 or 5 or 10 etc and many others that are sold as singles. The simplest solution for us was to create a single product in place of the multiple purchase, adjusting the price accordingly. We sell standard assorted fuses in a pack of 8 but we only want the customer to purchase these cards in multiples of 10, so I created a single product with the pack size in the description:
8 Assorted Fuses BS1362 Pre Packed 1 x 10pk8
(the actual pack size info is stored in pother1 to display on the template and in the shopping basket, and for sales analysis)
Of course this solution will depend on the amount of products you have in your database, a few hundred it's not so bad, but for many thousands it's going to be very time consuming work. I was fortunate that I got all our pack sizes sorted out before uploading all the products to the new site.

Hope this helps

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

allegro
Starting Member

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - June 29 2009 :  08:34:48  Show Profile  Visit allegro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Carol,
Well, that sounds great, but I worked out how to do it very simply in VPASP. I'm rather excited about it actually :) So, first I determined for each product what the minimum sell will be. Some larger more expensive specialty items are available in multiple quantities of 1, while most of our products are to be sold in multiples of 3, with 3 being the minimum quantity. I simply entered the minimum quantity into the product field, and then set xproductminimumquantity to "no". The next decision to consider was what number to put into xproductminimumlist. I said 50 at present, so that our distributors could order larger quantities if desired. I think uptimately I'll have to create different products that are 6-packs or 10-packs, but for now, this will work just fine I think.
Thanks for your input, I'll probably, like I said, need to do that at some point, but since we do currently have around 600 products, it'll take some doing!
Best regards!

Thanks,
Helene
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - June 29 2009 :  08:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

that sounds like the best way to do it if you sometimes sell a product in different quantities. Ours are mostly fixed pack sizes. I didn't realise that a drop down list could be created for minimum quantities. Well as they say you learn something every day :)

All the best,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00