Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Random Characters on Product Pages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

standout
VP-CART New User

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - September 15 2008 :  20:05:45  Show Profile  Visit standout's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have the following random characters showing on the top of my product pages. Can anyone help!?!

Thanks in advance for your help.

~ Timothy

llightner
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - September 17 2008 :  23:57:15  Show Profile  Visit llightner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have the same issue, however different characters "." The issue shows up when I alter the tmp_frontpage.htm file. I have worked on this issue all day. Once I get the weird characters, I can remove the changes, but the characters are still present. Once I replace the file with the original the characters go away. Looks like a problem when it is reading the tmp file. I really need to fix this so I can bring the site up.
Go to Top of Page

llightner
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - September 19 2008 :  12:36:24  Show Profile  Visit llightner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to update this post. I got this message back from support and it fixed my problem. Hope it works for you.

The issue usually happens when you are saving your template in UTF-8 format rather than ANSI.

Please follow these steps to change your file formatting:

1. Open your tmp_frontpage.htm on Notepad.

2. Go to File --> Save as.

3. Make sure that it is save using ANSI encoding.

4. Check your website to see the changes.

This should resolve the issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00