Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 Adding multiple products via shopproductselect.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anathanson
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - August 20 2008 :  15:05:11  Show Profile  Visit anathanson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to set up an HTML form on my site (outside of the cart) where a customer can order multiple products at a single time. I'd like them to be able to enter quantities in a textfield box for each product desired, then add them all with a single submit. e.g. 5 of product A, 3 of product C, none of the others.

Problem is, shopproductselect.asp is looking for a checkbox to be checked for each product in order to add it. If I put in the "processed(n)" field as hidden, then it automatically adds 1 of every product even if the quantity is zero.

Is there a way to eliminate the need for the check boxes? Essentially, if a quantity in the text field is entered then add that product, otherwise skip.

Imagine a form with blank quantity fields next to each product. If the customer enters a quantity number, that implies they want to order that product. Requiring a checkbox in addition to the quantity entry seems like a bad interface.

anathanson
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - August 20 2008 :  15:08:59  Show Profile  Visit anathanson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Note: For my promotion, I happen to be using inventory products with parent/child enabled. I looked at the code generated for ordering multiple child products and discovered that it used shopaddtocart.asp as the form action and Ysubproductquantity hidden fields. Looks like it will only work for sub products of a single parent product id though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00