Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Adding different language for products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gymrat
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - May 28 2008 :  05:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how I can add the translation of a product at one go? View/Edit Products page allows for this, albeit, one at a time. So when you have thousands of products to translate, is there a method to upload the translation? Or could I just upload a translated version of the products table or would the products be treated as new products? Please help!! Thank you.

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - May 28 2008 :  08:27:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi gymrat,

the quickest way to do this is to use the Bulk Import facility. Create your own Xcel file with the exact same field headings as the translateproducts table. Add all your translations. Save this file as a csv file and Go to Admin > EverydayTasks > Import Products. Upload the csv file. Make sure Table Name is translateproducts and match field is catalogid and delimiter is ,

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

gymrat
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - October 02 2008 :  03:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having trouble saving my file for importing into vpasp. I have a products table in Japanese in excel form. When I converted it to csv and reopened the file in notepad, I get nothing but question marks. How can I save this table in csv to properly show the Japanese font?

VPASP is a extreme difficult to use for non-programmers/developers. ie. the Admin page always shows the error page after 2-3 mins. I can never stay logged on for longer than 5 mins. In the front end, switching between languages does not always work. Am getting really fed up with their bugs. Is this just me or does anyone else share the same problem?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 02 2008 :  03:51:47  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You need to contact your host and ask them to extend the default timeout in IIS and extend to 20 minutes. By default it is 5 minutes.

Working with double byte characters is very difficult and is not something that Microsoft handles well unfortunately. You may nee to Google for tips on this unless someone else here has some experience with Japanese?

What happens when you switch between languages?

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

gymrat
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - October 02 2008 :  12:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The session time out is not even 5 mins. I get logged out sometimes almost immediately.

As for language switching, there are a few problems. For example, when I set it to Japanese and I click on a category on the left hand side, it will take me there but the site will revert to English. Also I have set the site to Japanese in Reset Language in Admin page. But when trying to open the front end of the site in another computer, it would show in English. There are instances where I set the site to Japanese from English and but the category list on the left and the breadcrumb remains in English.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00