Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 UPS and USPS realtime - Setup Problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikemm
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - January 10 2004 :  18:28:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We would like to offer customers both UPS and USPS realtime shipping rate calculations. Both work fine, problem is that for an item weighing 1 lb 8 ounces - UPS is looking for 1.5 lb whereas USPS is looking for 1 lb 8 ounces. Has anyone had and overcome this problem?

Exchequer
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - February 04 2004 :  12:20:21  Show Profile  Visit Exchequer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have had a similar issue. Support helped me find a way around this by using the pother4 and pother5 fields for ounces and pounds respectively. You have to change the uspostal asp page to look the the variables in the new fields. This allows you to use decimal increments in the regular weight field for UPS.

The thing that is annoying is that even with this solution, the Postal results are passed in two separate totals, so if your products are 4 ounces and someone orders 6 items, the totals get passed as "0 pounds, 24 ounces". It doesn't change dynamically to "1 pound, 8 ounces" for the USPS. I'm not sure why, hopefully this can be corrected in future upgrades just on general principle.

Hope that helps a little.

If anyone has a fix for this issue, please let me know, because it still doesn't seem to calculate the weight correctly.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00