Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 MySQL vs Access
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carljahn
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - November 25 2002 :  09:54:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep hearing how Access is lame database for web applications but I can't afford SQL Server. Should one simply blow off Access and go straight to MySQL. If so, does anyone have any advise on a quick way to get the appropriate tables set up MySQL.

awdesign
Starting Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - January 19 2004 :  08:00:42  Show Profile  Visit awdesign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We offer VP-ASP customization, installation and Web Hosting for MySQL, MS SQL, and MS Access on our Hybrid Servers. So you can use Windows and Linux resources and applications at the same time.

We also provide 24/7 Phone, CHAT and e-mail tech support.
For details; http://affordabledesignusa.com/24_hour_tech_support.htm

Ps. Please email to; [email protected] if you are a web designer/reseller.

Regards, -Lewis

-------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send an email or call us Toll-Free at 1-800-929-8611 (for sales) or 1-866-245-5154 (for Tech Support)

We look forward to providing you with the fastest access speeds, the most helpful technical support, and the most courteous sales staff available.

Sincerely,

Affordable Web Design & Hosting, Inc.
"Professional Web Sites at Affordable Prices"
"2003-2004 Golden Web Award Winner"
Web Design: http://www.affordabledesignusa.com
Web Hosting: http://www.affordablehostingusa.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24/7 Toll-Free (Support): + 1 (866) 245-5154
24/7 Live Chat Support: www.24hourwebsupport.com
Email Support: [email protected]
Email Sales: [email protected]
Toll-Free (Sales): +1 (800) 929-8611
Local Voice : +1 (703) 753-5755
Fax : +1 (703) 753-2285
==========================================

Go to Top of Page

dragon_tat
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - January 26 2004 :  13:42:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this goes against some popular thoughts, but I disagree about Access vs. mySQL vs. Informix vs. SQL Server vs. Foxbase vs. whatever. In our ASP/VB scripting world of VP-ASP our needs are relatively simple. Any of those databases will perform just fine, given proper setup, database "normalization" and sensible programming habits. I believe the larger question for most of us using VP-ASP is how much database administration and customization do we require for a script based ecommerce package? If truly very high volumes are expected then I would believe we would move to a stand alone server running a C++ based data access method using ADO or likely custom ODBC interfaces. 99.9% of us will never be hindered by the number of open objects returned by the SQL query or theoretical user access limitations. In VP-ASP, VP-ASP is the real user of the database. Customers are session variables until the transaction is completed - and any server can handle a whole lot of session variables! My position is to focus on closing the database connection and dumping the recordset objects as quickly as possible. Sensible practice when using any database.

Go to Top of Page

advancedasia
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - January 30 2004 :  00:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awdesign - please take note :

Your posts are nothing but useless ** SPAM **

You have not even offered a personal contribution to this topic.

All you've done is copy & pasted your useless SPAM.

Please don't post to this section of the forum, if you don't intend to include a worthwhile contribution with your post.

If you just plan to post useless SPAM, save that ONLY for the "Offering Services" section of the forum.

You may be trying to market your services, but the suttle, helpful, and informative approach (which you need to learn) is respected a lot more by the forum members.

Like Mark Priest, or Cam, to give 2 examples. Take a leaf out of their book. They are offering their services, but in a manner that is suttle, and they are helpful and informative to other forum members. They make personal contributions to the topics. They DON'T post useless SPAM, like you do.
Go to Top of Page

patrickong
VP-CART New User

Singapore
58 Posts

Posted - February 04 2004 :  12:00:25  Show Profile  Visit patrickong's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

There is a decent host at www.lunarpages.com that is cheap and comes with My SQL. I got it from somewhere that says it ranked 2nd cos the 1st comes with free .com domain name.

Check it out and see if it's suitable for you. The only thing I wonder is whether they offer MS SQL as an add-on.

Patrick Ong

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00