Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Affiliate Dyanmic Banner Link Generation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Exchequer
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - February 04 2004 :  12:35:34  Show Profile  Visit Exchequer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm new, so I hope I posted this right. :)

I have just finished using VPASP for our new division called Sextracts, (a clean site-don't be afraid to look) selling extracts located at www.sextracts.com. I have several other projects I would like to do, but they all need Affiliate programs, and I can do some ASP, but I am not a master by any means. I would like to have an interface for affiliates that dynamically creates the HTML links for them to copy and paste for each banner ad that we use.

I thought that this functionality was a basic part of administering an Affiliate program, so when VPASP said it handled affiliates, I made a foolish assumption. I still can't believe it's not part of the system.

Does anyone know of a VPASP component that has been created to do this? I don't want to create our other sites until I have a solution to this. I don't have an issue with paying for a component. I have AffiliateWiz in our Florapathics.com site currently, but I want to stick with things that are just made for VPASP, or upgrades could be problematic.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. If you have used a component, please let me know.

Michael

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - February 04 2004 :  18:38:52  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you mean you need something that will generate the code for your affiliates for the banners you use?

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 05 2004 :  03:38:52  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think when you setup and affiliate, VP-ASP will give you a link code, something like to link to this site using this URL
http://www.yoursite.com/shopaff.asp?affid=1
The above link dynamically generated by VP-ASP and you can find lotof addtional options such as affiliates with particualr products and things like that!
Is that what you are looking for!!!
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00