Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 quantity discount
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - April 11 2010 :  13:19:43  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
xquantityprices set to yes
xproductgroupdiscount set to yes
Created a quantity discount as below
I have I product in a categorie at 7.95
Modified tmp_product.htm as below
<div class="productbuy al">
[display_quantitydiscounts]
[add_quantity]
[add_orderbutton]
[add_product]
</div>

This will not show the discount table anywhere on any page, if I remove
The Dislpay from [display_quantitydiscounts] I do get a message on the
Product page “Field quantitydiscounts not in Database”

id 1
categoryid

catalogId

minquantity 1

quantity1 2

discount1 2

quantity2

discount2

quantity3

discount3

quantity4

discount4

quantity5

discount5

other

groupfordiscount

Could somebody please tell me what in the world i am doing wrong here ?

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - April 12 2010 :  01:35:11  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you reset the config and try in another browser? Is it a caching issue? Do you have a link?
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - April 12 2010 :  05:50:13  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am not sure what a reset on the config will do, I don't find an explanation of that in the manual, i just did a search in the design and user manual and no mention on "config reset". I am under the impression that a reset will put things back to their original state, at least my 30 years in the electronics business have told me this, so why would i want to do a reset. I cleaned my cache. Sorry there is no link , i am on my local host.
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - April 12 2010 :  12:09:28  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it is the way you have the discount in there, and I missed that late last night. You need to have a catalogId set or at least a group set to call it.
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - April 12 2010 :  15:09:11  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Savvy, thanks for the reply
Yes you are right and i looked it up in the manual

categoryid If you want to apply a discount to products in a particular category, enter the category ID here.
catalogid If you want to apply a discount to a particular product, enter the catalog ID here.

However if you are in the discount set up to add a discount and cursor over the question markd behind categoryid and catalogid it tells you to leave that blank to apply to all catalogs and categories. So tried 4 different setting to try every combination and the discount table never shows up anywhere. It does take the discount from the product but won't show the table.
So i dunno wassup !!!
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - April 12 2010 :  19:18:14  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did get the discount table to show up but the discounts are all showing as zero eventhough i have different percentages specified in the discount table
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00