VPCart Forum
 Retrieve SQL Record
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - January 15 2003 :  17:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I hope that someone can help me with this. I want to call the keywords record from the products table into a sub but can't seem to get it working. I am running the SQL version of 4.5
I tried adding in shop DB around line 1365:

strkeywords = objrs("keywords")

In my sub:

Sub keyhead

keywords = strkeywords

response.write keywords
end sub

I have tried a number of variations of this with and without an if statment that I plan to include. No sucess.

VP-ASP Expert

542 Posts

Posted - January 16 2003 :  02:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems like an easily overlooked item. You do have something in that field for that record!
And the sub is in shop$db

Edited by - superal on January 16 2003 02:15:27
Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - January 16 2003 :  09:32:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Superal,

I did have words in the field of the products table and have been working in shop DB. I emailed support and they replied that I should get an ASP book! I have already made a lot of modifications to the script but this one has me baffled. I am new to the SQL world so I suspect that I may be trying to use the area of the script that calls the items in an Access environment and SQL does it differently. I have spent a few hours tracing the data flow through the subs but can't seem to find the right area.

Go to Top of Page

4262 Posts

Posted - January 16 2003 :  17:20:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is no difference between Access and SQL server in 99% of the code of VP-ASP. As a programmer you may be aware that it is difficult to debug code you have not see, not written and see only a fragment of.

I am sorry if our staff said "read a book". If you want us to take a look at the code you have written, please send it and we will give you our opinion but fragments do not help us at all.

Howard Kadetz

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000