Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Site Monitoring
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

teebee
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - September 09 2007 :  16:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using 6.5. In the admin or anywhere else is there a way you can see how many and/or if anyone is visiting or on your site at any giving time.
Also other than going to each individual products in the admin and looking at the impressions of any particular product is there another way you can view all products in a list to see how many times each product has been viewed. It is a pain to go from one product to another one at a time to see this.
I was using OS Commerce before switching to VP-ASP. In OSCommerce there was a place in the admin you could see who was online and the link of the page they looking at and also there was a page there that would give the whole list of all of your products with the number of how many times they were viewed. This was nice to see the traffic on your site. I sure hope this two features are available in VP-ASP. If not hope to see it soon in an update.

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - September 09 2007 :  17:00:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting ..why did you move from OSC .

I run a site before using OSC and i was amazed at its forum , i think a lot of the snazzy add ons were orginally "conts" or contributions by th nature of it being free and open source.

You wont find anything like that in vpasp unfortunely , in the early days of vpasp i had to make a decision between the paid route ( ie - vpasp )or the free route OSC ..at the time i decided vpasp as quite simply this forum was busy and useful comapred to the OSC forum at the time ........ i think a lot has changed since then

PAUL
Go to Top of Page

k-otic
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - September 09 2007 :  17:56:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing I love about VPASP is how customizable it is... and how much you can actually do from the admin - the advanced SQL query editor can give you all sorts of statistics like you want - you just need to know what query to run.

Try this one:

select cname, impressions from products

That'll show you a summary of all the impressions for all of your products.

To find out info about current visitors on your site - give something like this a go:

http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=1070

You should be able to just add that code to somewhere like your tmp_adminheader.htm file

Use VPASP's Google Analytics integration to track things like your page hits etc - https://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=751#751

As far as customizability between VPASP and OSC goes... i reckon VPASP wins hands down...
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - September 09 2007 :  20:17:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
k otic
it most welcome to see you sharing code and ideas , it inspires people to do the same ... thing is i dont understan why vpasp aint already installed these small but useful features or at least created a top 20/50 simple but easy ideas to implement that can snazz things up a bit !

The SQl feature i am sure is INCREDIBLY useful but to people like me its gobbledygook , surely it cant be that much work for someon to create an extra admin page with buttons that run off few common reports , it would inspire people like me to investiage the code and rewrite it to my own needs and then share it and so on but certainly in my case i need kind of template to gt going!

Theres not enough PLUG in modules for vpasp ! we need more !

PAUL
Go to Top of Page

Promyntheus
Starting Member

USA
49 Posts

Posted - September 09 2007 :  20:43:45  Show Profile  Visit Promyntheus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by teebee

I am using 6.5. In the admin or anywhere else is there a way you can see how many and/or if anyone is visiting or on your site at any giving time.
Also other than going to each individual products in the admin and looking at the impressions of any particular product is there another way you can view all products in a list to see how many times each product has been viewed. It is a pain to go from one product to another one at a time to see this.
I was using OS Commerce before switching to VP-ASP. In OSCommerce there was a place in the admin you could see who was online and the link of the page they looking at and also there was a page there that would give the whole list of all of your products with the number of how many times they were viewed. This was nice to see the traffic on your site. I sure hope this two features are available in VP-ASP. If not hope to see it soon in an update.

I use this on my site.
http://www.weblogexpert.com/lite.htm

My cart is not live yet, but I assume it will still work and supply you with the information you are looking for.

Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - September 11 2007 :  07:17:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use these to monitor our sites:

http://www.interspire.com/trackpoint/

http://www.metasun.com/products/metatraffic/default.asp

Steve
www.clixgalore.co.uk/AffSelectProgram.aspx?AdvProgID=7911
www.temptationsdirect.co.uk
Go to Top of Page