Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Sorting Items In VPASP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AmRag
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  18:26:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we just got VPASP 6.50 to do our shopping cart and I was wondering if there was a way to change how the items are displayed when they are on the thumb page that the customer views.

Right now, after it sorts the categories, it looks like the thumbs are sorted alphabetically by their title. Is there a way to get it to sort differently? I would prefer to do it numerically and have it sort by a different field in the description.

Is there a way to change the catalogueid #, and have it sort numerically by this #?

I've searched the user manual high and low and can't seem to find an answer for this.

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  23:40:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
catid uses automatically increment function, theres not way to change it unfortunately
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - July 17 2007 :  03:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You cannot change the catalogid of the products in the database but you can change the field which is used for sorting before displaying categories or products.
In the admin panel go to Setup - Products and find xsortcategories or xsortproducts and change the field to whichever one you want to use. The ccode field is a popular one for the products display.

Hope this helps,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 17 2007 :  03:05:35  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi AmRag,

Do you mean the thumbs as in the display on shopdisplayproducts.asp?

You can sort both categories and products using the following variables which can be found in the Set-Up section.

xsortcategories - The sort fields used for categories display. These are fields in the categories table.
xsortproducts - The sort fields used for products display are fields in the products table. To sort by descending price specify cprice DESC

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 17 2007 :  03:07:38  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Carrol

Just beat me!!

Cheers
Cam
Go to Top of Page

AmRag
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - July 17 2007 :  14:15:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by support

Hi Carrol

Just beat me!!

Cheers
Cam

If I choose to change xsortproducts, can it change it to sort by say, "other1" in the description of the the product? would type in "cother1" or just "other1". Or can I only get it to sort by, ccode, cname, cdescription, cprice, ccategory?
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - July 17 2007 :  18:39:26  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
from what I can gather, you can order by any column you like (even custom-created ones), purely by changing the xsortproducts config option and nothing else needed.

avoid using spaces between the columns though if you can, eg use:

"ccode,cname,cdescription" etc

the list that you use is the list of columns in the ordering that you want the records returned, ie in the example above, it'll order by ccode, and within that it'll then do a sub-order by cname, and then within that it'll then do a sub-sub-order by cdescription, and so on; you can have as many levels as you want.

the values in that list need to be physical column names (pother1, pother2 etc) - you can see the list of actual column names if you go to the edit-products screen; the real column names are in the drop-downs for the ordering/filtering on that bit.

the GetProductFields function in 6.5 seems to be able to cater for it (the main problem normally being that you have to select-by what you're ordering-by for the distinct query; and it looks like that logic's working fine, at least in 6.5

when you change it, you might need to close/reopen your browser to see the new option taking full effect though if you've already got a session open; depends on the nitty-gritty behind the session logic.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on July 17 2007 18:50:44
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000