Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Layers - submenu hides under Flash box
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  20:25:02  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cart v6.5

I've customized my DEFAULT.ASP page and have a small Flash video box embedded in the body area, top right corner under the horizontal nav bar. My problem is that when the submenus expand, they go under the Flash box, thus, most of the far right drop down menus are hidden.

I'm guessing this is a layers control problem but cannot figure out what to add to my EMBED or what to edit for the menu controls. Anyone dealt with this before???

Regards,

Eric in Maine

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  23:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey eric, a link might help so we can actually see whats happening?
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  08:55:13  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
temp url = http://208.109.195.91/default.asp

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  09:30:21  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not much you can do with that other than move the flash movie down or to another part of the page.

Bob Stone
www.kansasstamps.org
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  09:51:29  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As usual, VP-ASP tech support to the rescue. Thanks Michael!

Browsers by default render flash as the last element on a page, and don't take into account CSS layers.

To have anything with layers appear over a flash object, you need to assign wmode="transparent" attributes to your flash code.

In the HTML code, you must add the wmode parameter to the object tag, with either opaque or transparent as values. eg:
<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

The EMBED tag must have the wmode parameter as well:
wmode="transparent"

Regards,
Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)