Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Reformatting the mini-cart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drjay
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - March 31 2007 :  09:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, I'm new to this whole thing so I'm hoping someone can babystep me through what I'll need to do here.

I have a website already but I'd like to switch it to vpasp. Currently the cart information sits just about centered near the top of each page. In that section of the page on the left is the View Cart button, centered is "Items: #" and just under that is the total price, and finally to the right of that is Checkout. I'm sure there's a simple link for the view cart/checkout buttons, but how do I have it display the current number of items in the cart and a running total in my own format?

Ultimately I'd like to "cheat" and just replace the add to cart buttons with the
<a href="shopaddtocartnodb.asp?Productname=mystuff&price=10.00">Add to Cart/a>

option, and have that update the running total at the top.

Hope I explained it well. Thanks for any help!

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - March 31 2007 :  10:56:36  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What version are you running?

I have 6.50 Plus and it had a minicart thing in the top right corner when I installed it.
Go to Top of Page

drjay
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - March 31 2007 :  12:53:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
6.09 but I don't think you're getting my question. I know that the cart itself has a mini cart on the right side but I'm not looking to use the entire cart layout. I have a website already built *not* using vpasp, all I need from vpasp (at this moment) is to be able to add that mini-cart functionality in a custom layout on my current website. Kind of a back-end deal. Once a person clicks "View Cart" or "Checkout" they will then be taken to the entire vpasp shopping cart.

Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - March 31 2007 :  14:04:31  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You could use ../shopcustomer.asp, as for formatting the look of it, it depends on how much of the rest of the VPASP stuff you are using.
Go to Top of Page

drjay
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - April 01 2007 :  09:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I ended up finding the answer. For anyone else who finds this and is curious, at the top of each page just put
<!--#include file="shop$db.asp"-->

Then:
<%=navigateproductquantity()%> shows the quantity
<%=navigateproductTotal()%> shows the total

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00