Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Category menu not expanding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 26 2007 :  20:09:18  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We actually have a different menu option in our templates that allows for menu fly outs:

http://techblue.vpasp.com/

You can purchase these templates from:
https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/templates.htm

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASpSupport
Go to Top of Page

LisaGriff
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - March 26 2007 :  20:13:01  Show Profile  Visit LisaGriff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm actually using the shopnavcategories file from the fly-out menu add-on instead of the original one. The fly-out add-on was removed from the add-on page recently because I reported that it didn't play well with IE.

I found by accident that with using that file version, the formating of the category tree has the same look as the original category menu.....that is it has the arrow bullets and same nice text look. With a few spacing tweaks in the css file, it looks really nice.

I am having one problem with it though. The subcategories have a border around them like the category box itself. I have tried several things but I either have the border around both the box and the subcategories, or no border at all. I am trying to remove just the border around the subcategories. I must be missing something. <sigh>

Lisa

Edited by - LisaGriff on March 26 2007 20:16:59
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - March 27 2007 :  06:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RE : > Indented catagory tree.
Using this call : <%NavigateShowcategorylist%>

if you find the text is wrapping too early the resolvement ( thnaks to billy ) is as follows within shopproductsubs.asp .....

shopproductsubs.asp file, around line 1573
Response.write "<table width='60%'>"

Modified to
Response.write "<table width='100%'>"

Thnaks for everyones input in mking my navigation dreams come true !!

PAUL
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  23:29:20  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm still testing, but I think I was able to tweak the old NavigateCatJavaList (from 5.5) so that it will work in 6.5.

1. Upload menu_com, menu_config, and shopcatjavalist from the old popup navigation menu (supplied as a free download for v5.5) into the 6.5 directory.

2. In shopproductsubs, build a table around langcommoncategories and NavigateCatJavaList, including the id='JavaNavPos1' tag to anchor the position of the list.

3. Add <!-- #include file="shopcatjavalist.asp" --> to shopproductsubs.

From there, it is a matter of tweaking cell width to match the header size to the category list width. At least, I'm not good enough at Java to get the category list to match the header, so I tweak it the other way around.

Might not be as fancy as what some people want, but I have lots of subcategories and did not want them all expanded at once in the left-hand navigation menu.

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

elviscat
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - August 12 2008 :  12:37:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Helene hi,

Could you please advise how you managed to get the lovely expanding and contracting category menu on your buzz site please, i have the above working but obviouosly without being able to click the cross, opening the subcategory out and back in again?

This is something i would really like to get to if possible!

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

-=Kev=-

quote:
Originally posted by allegro

Hi Paul,

No, I just followed the instructions as they are, and it works. I don't get a border around the categories box now, and that's something I'm working on, but the categories do show up, and they show up as an expanded tree.

Here's a link to my site. You can't navigate around the site because you have to be logged in to do that, but you can see the category tree on the left side:

http://www.buzzandbloom.com.au/default.asp

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Helene

Edited by - elviscat on August 21 2008 09:33:19
Go to Top of Page

elvis
VP-CART Super User

202 Posts

Posted - August 21 2008 :  12:34:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The menu system of VPASP is very primitive. There is very few options we can use. I hope VPASP will improve the menu system near future.
We need more options and flexiblility.

Edited by - elvis on August 21 2008 12:34:54
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 21 2008 :  13:29:44  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think this is the one you might be after:

Expand/Collapse (Category) Menu For VP-ASP:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=156

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

BobF
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  07:05:08  Show Profile  Visit BobF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

I am new to VP-ASP and I have been trying to create a category menu like the one in the on-line demo.

I have downloaded the "Fly Out" add-on but the sub-categories are static and are shown in a box below the main category. I thought I had followed the instructions properly but I can't see what may be wrong.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

busy bee
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - June 30 2009 :  09:08:39  Show Profile  Visit busy bee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob,
just wondered, whether you found a solution to your problem?
have just downloaded the same add-on with same result as yours. am particularly interested in getting rid of that unsightly box.
Has anyone got any advice?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00