Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 Worst looking cart ever
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 19 2004 :  04:19:35  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
People can potentially save themselves a huge amount of time/money if they post "does anyone here have this...?" messages on this forum before making the changes themselves (or before buying the cart).

You'll probably find that a lot of things that you'd want to do are now available from the various developer sites (and vpasp themselves) as addons or reseller packages, or if not directly available then are usually in the pipeline and can be fairly easily slotted-in by whoever's got it in the pipeline.

Between the people in the forum there's a huge amount of extra logic/help that's available to make things easier and more customised.

You can also enquire/buy different versions of vpasp from resellers, who will have a lot of these things included as part of their packages, who have plug-and-go versions available with loads of extras/fixes in place.

If I were a merchant, I think I'd contact the various developer sites that do lots of vpasp work (most of which you'll find from this forum) and sound them out about what kind of stuff they've got available or planned, and then pick whichever one's got the closest match to what you want to end up with. Don't forget that lots of developer sites won't be advertising stuff that's almost-ready, but that almost-ready stuff will probably still be available to people who contact the developers and want to buy that kind of functionality.

But, before doing that, make sure that the reseller/developer is a valid one and not someone who's stolen vpasp code and is passing it off as their own; just contact vpasp themselves and ask them "are these reseller/developer guys listed resellers with you? do you trust them?" etc.

It is a fantastically flexible and extensive cart, and if people also contact a reseller/developer beforehand to see what they can do for you, then you will end up with a really good site for a very small outlay.

I know that just sounds like an advert for people to contact us, but it's not supposed to; it applies to all the developers/resellers in this community (yes, even our competitors!) as well as us.

Support on the forum from all the merchants and developers is a truly massive beneficial feature of vpasp, as is the level of support that you get from vpasp themselves.

If buying reseller packages then the thing about using a valid reseller that vpasp knows about can't be stressed too much; always check with vpasp beforehand; don't end up with stolen code because apart from it being illegal/prosecutable, you'll also end up being abandoned by all levels of support.

My 2 cents' worth is that I think vpasp should give a list of their known/valid resellers somewhere (in no particular order) so that people know who they can trust.

Also, if you've bought a valid version of vpasp from vpasp themselves, and then find out afterwards that you want an "upgrade" to one of the plug-and-go versions from a reseller, then you'll probably be able to do that without paying the full reseller package price as the reseller can contact vpasp and check the validity of the original order, and hence not have to pay vpasp for an additional license if just doing an upgrade to a customised version. Don't forget that a valid full reseller package will include a price element of vpasp itself (ie the licensing charge) which the reseller simply pays to vpasp, but you could avoid that extra charge if you've already got a valid licensed version of vpasp and if the reseller would be prepared to do some kind of deal direct with you for that kind of upgrade.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on August 19 2004 04:31:20
Go to Top of Page

wft
VP-CART New User

66 Posts

Posted - September 01 2004 :  04:21:59  Show Profile  Visit wft's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have templates/skins as a time saving solution. if this might fit what you guys need.

there is no coding involved simply copy the file/images/css/folders into your vpasp root. you can get the look & feel.

you can play with online demo and check the templates out for greater details at http://www.website-flash-templates.com

the templates are available both v.5 & v5.5.( just release sep 1,2004).

hope this helps.

regards
jim

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - December 06 2004 :  19:07:55  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been using VP-ASP for about 2 years now... we have done many modifications to get it just like we want it... not only do the boys give you the source code, they even help you when you want to change it. The support is the best I have ever seen. I have tried zillions of cart software systems and this by far was the best we found.

www.labwater.com

Go to Top of Page

fecal_storm
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - April 01 2005 :  17:27:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I agree that the cart looks terrible out of the box I do agree that the support is top notch and the forums are helpful. (when people can keep from getting offended by comments that having nothing to do with them).

Functionality is great out of the box but the team seriously should spend a "little" bit of time and effort on customization and presentation.

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - April 04 2005 :  11:09:27  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fair enough. That wasnt so hard was it?

Go to Top of Page

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - April 06 2005 :  08:14:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

This is at present only skin deep. When the new release of VPASP comes out the changes will have gone much deeper into the code to increase usability and provide the ability to easily alter the look and feel of the site!

Cam,
I really like the look of the new site. But now you've got yourself in trouble. I'm about ready to purchase another copy of VP-ASP. Any clues on when this "new release of VPASP" will come out?
Jeff

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 06 2005 :  08:45:06  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jeff,

We are hoping to have the new version ready for release in about 2 months from now.

There are going to be many, many changes to the package including the combination of many of the features of the YourVirtualStore and OxfordStreet packages.

As usual existing customers will be able to upgrade to the new release for free if stil within the upgrade period.

You will soon start to see a number of changes appearing on the VPASP site as well.

Thanks.
Cam

Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - April 11 2005 :  06:37:24  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How long is the free upgrade period? I bought 5.5 in February & obviously didn't pay enough attention.

Go to Top of Page

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - April 11 2005 :  07:59:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sharon,
Looks like the upgrade period is one year:
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_upgrades.htm

Can't wait to get the new version!
Jeff

Go to Top of Page