Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 UPS Real Time
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bszym
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - December 31 2006 :  13:58:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Using version 6.08 all has been working well for months. UPS real time now issues this error message when tring to retrive shipping costs.

Error occurred getting shipping data. Status code=110971
Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates

Can't find any info on this error number. Any thoughts?

FCS-Webmaster
VP-CART New User

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - January 01 2007 :  09:47:19  Show Profile  Visit FCS-Webmaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm getting a similar error with VPASP 5.5

Error occurred getting shipping data. Status code=110971
SuccessYour invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates

I remember last year at this time UPS changed the shipping rates to the new 2007 rates. The problem is though that they didn't have the shipping rates ready for January 1st. Logic would dictate that they simply put up the new rates when they were ready. Sadly what they did was simply cut everyone off the shipping rates till they were finished updating them a few days into January. My suggestion is to yell at your UPS rep on Jan 2nd when they return to the office. This is appearing to be an annual problem.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 01 2007 :  18:05:42  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

UPS have recently made changes to their web services which now causes "Warnings" to be reported as errors thereby causing VPASP to fail when retrieving shipping costs.

To rectify this, you can tell VPASP to ignore Warnings by making the changes noted in our help notes at:

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=279

Please refer to the "Troubleshooting" section of that page for the fix. Please note that this page lists two versions of the fix - one for VPASP 6.0 and one for VPASP 5.50. You need to ensure you apply the correct fix for your version.

Thank you.

Regards,
Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

FCS-Webmaster
VP-CART New User

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - January 02 2007 :  08:35:21  Show Profile  Visit FCS-Webmaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm running VPASP 5.5 and I don't have

if statuscode = "110208" then
Serror=Serror & "UPS can't ship to the country you have requested. Please go back and change your shipping selection.<br>"
else
Serror=Serror & Statusmessage & "<br>"
end If

in my UPSXMLREALINTERFACE.ASP.

The closest I have is

if Statuscode<>"1" then
Serror="Error occurred getting shipping data. Status code=" & statuscode & "<br>"
end if

around line 130.

Also I don't have a SHOPUPSINCLUDES.ASP file or any file with the code

Case "ERRORDESCRIPTION"
MoreWords=FALSE
Statusmessage=words(wordloc+1) & "<br>"
exit sub
Go to Top of Page

FCS-Webmaster
VP-CART New User

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - January 02 2007 :  12:29:25  Show Profile  Visit FCS-Webmaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found this code around line 180 of UPSXMLREALINTERFACE.asp

Case "ERRORDESCRIPTION"
MoreWords=FALSE
exit sub

and replaced it with

Case "ERRORDESCRIPTION"
If Not ignoreerror Then
MoreWords=FALSE
End If
exit sub
Case "ERRORSEVERITY"
If UCase(words(wordloc+1)) = "WARNING" Then
ignoreerror = True
Else
ignoreerror = False
End If
Exit sub

On line 128 I replaced
Loop
'debugwrite "shippingcount=" & shippingcount
If Statuscode<>"1" then
Serror="Error occurred getting shipping data. Status code=" & statuscode & "<br>"
end if

with

Loop
'debugwrite "shippingcount=" & shippingcount
If Statuscode<>"1" then
end if
'VP-ASP modification
'Handle UPS 2007 Web Services Changes
If statuscode = "110971" Then
serror = ""
End If

However I'm still having problems with shipments from Canada to the United States. I'm getting a shipping option "Unknown 65". I believe this is UPS Express Saver. I tried editing UPSREALINTERFACE.ASP and add the shipping code and method for this new shipping option, however it doesn't seem to work. I'm also taking a guess by using the shipping code "XDP". Does anyone have any suggestions on clearing up this "Unknown 65" problem?

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 02 2007 :  21:16:32  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have updated the helpnote at http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=279 to include details to repair this issue for VPASP 5.50 users also.

FCS-Webmaster - you may need to add a new service to upsxmlrealinterface.asp in the subroutine Sub UPSSetupShippingMethods:

Addservice "65", "UPS Express Saver"

You may also need to change the service for code 13 as follows:

Change:
Addservice "13", "UPS Next Day Air Saver"

To:
Addservice "13", "UPS Express Saver"

If this does not resolve your issue, please log a helpdesk ticket at
https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

Thank you.

Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

Stefanie
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - January 05 2007 :  16:02:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are still having problems with this issue and it's January 5.

We are still using VPASP 5.02 and there has not been a fix posted for that version. 5.02 does not even have a file named upsxmlrealinterface.asp. (We can't upgrade to a newer version of VPASP as we have made so many mods to the source code that we'd never be able to transition!)

Can anyone suggest how we might implement the UPS Live Rates modules for VPASP ver 5.0?

Thank you.

Stefanie
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 05 2007 :  19:04:08  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Stefanie,

We do not actually support UPS in version 5.00 at all anymore due to licensing requirements from UPS which we have no control over.

The most recent version of VP-ASP has UPS integrated into the package itself if it is possible for you to upgrade.

I apologize for the inconvenience with this. UPS has caught everyone on the hop by releasing the changes without any notice.

Sorry we cannot be more with this one.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

junkmailforken
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - January 11 2007 :  13:20:31  Show Profile  Visit junkmailforken's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just purchased Version 6.09 and made all the changes to upsxmlrealinterface.asp and SHOPUPSINCLUDES.asp but the error below still occurs when submitting an existing UPS account. Please help.
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'
Variable is undefined: 'ignoreerror'
/shopupsincludes.asp, line 132

Ken Schmaltz
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 11 2007 :  13:34:40  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Ken,

Please ensure that the Dim ignoreerror code is listed BEFORE the Sub GetUPSRates in upsxmlrealinterface.asp

For example, your code should look as follows:

Dim ignoreerror
ignoreerror = true
'
Sub GetUPSRates (totalweight, dimensions)

If you are getting a variable undefined error it is likely that either the Dim statement has not been entered into your code, or that it has been entered after the sub routine declaration instead of before it.

Thank you

Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

junkmailforken
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - January 11 2007 :  14:01:43  Show Profile  Visit junkmailforken's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have double checked the code and everthing seems to be in order but it still gives me the same error. Code is pasted below:

'VP-ASP modification
'Handle UPS 2007 Web Services Changes
Dim ignoreerror
ignoreerror = True
'
Sub GetUPSRates (totalweight, dimensions)
If getupsconfig("xtrace",false, dbc)="Yes" then
debugwrite "Weight=" & totalweight & " Dest zip=" & shiptozip & " Dest City=" & shiptocity & " Dest state=" & shiptostate & " Dest country=" & shiptocountry
debugwrite "From zip=" & shipfromzip & " From City=" & shipfromcity & " From state=" & shipfromstate & " From country=" & shipfromcountry
end if

Ken Schmaltz
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 11 2007 :  14:07:57  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Ken,

If you can log this into our helpdesk at https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk
and provide us your FTP and site admin details, we will happily take a look at why this may not be working for you.

Thank you

Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00