Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Anyone allowing suppliers to upload own products?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

go4gold
VP-CART New User

151 Posts

Posted - November 30 2006 :  05:50:25  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, last question hopefully, for the moment at least. My members will be using the function that allows suppliers to register and then upload their own products via limited access to my control panel. Although they can only add/edit their own products, they see the full control panel menu which is likely to be very confusing for them. Is there a simple way to edit the instructions at the bottom of the page, adding specific guidance notes for my members please?

Thanks in anticipation.

Go4Gold

Edited by - go4gold on December 10 2006 04:52:19

go4gold
VP-CART New User

151 Posts

Posted - December 10 2006 :  04:55:56  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess my key question is:
is anyone out there using the function that allows suppliers to load their own products and, if so, have you been able to customise the "view/edit products" screen to guide them in this?

Hope this is clearer now. Thanks for any feedback and sorry for the nudge.

Go4Gold
Go to Top of Page

k-otic
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - December 10 2006 :  18:34:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look at the files that start with shoph_

I've never modified them - but i'm pretty sure that's where those bottom instructions in your admin come from.

Maybe try changing these to provide your instructions?

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

go4gold
VP-CART New User

151 Posts

Posted - December 11 2006 :  01:46:03  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks k-otic, that's great! The descriptions are indeed in shoph_producthelp.asp.

On a related point, does anyone know how to change the shopadmin1.asp default so that the page launches straight into the "edit products" screen? This will help my suppliers find the only screen that they have edit access to.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Go4Gold
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00