Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Split mysql database
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MiniMe
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - February 07 2006 :  00:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I know one can easily split up the database if one is using Access. It can be useful for the reasons mentioned here:

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=51&cat=Database
"This method could be useful if you would like to have a couple of live stores on the same server, say one in English and one in Japanese. You would want to sell the same products, and keep all of your customers in the same database, but you would want different currency settings, different languages etc."

We are upgrading to VPASP version 6 and would like to use MYSQL instead of Access. Creating the separate databases in MYSQL is easy enough, but it seems the VPASP code won't accommodate it. Setting Xproductdb, Xorderdb, etc. to the corresponding MYSQL database names causes errors? I'm wondering if anyone has any idea about how to get it to work. Has anyone tried this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MiniMe
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - February 07 2006 :  13:38:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We seem to have it working now. The errors were a result of the program we used to convert the Access tables to mysql. It didn't convert all datatypes appropriately. One must be careful with the datatypes.

For example, in the MYSQL database prodfeatures table, we had to change the featureprice field to type "DOUBLE" instead of "DECIMAL(12,2)"to get it to work.

Also, in table categories make sure the catextra field is type LONGTEXT instead of LONGBLOB. For some reason, LONGBLOB causes an error, but LONGTEXT doesn't.

Just incase you're wondering, the software we used to convert access to MYSQL was "DB Converter 1.6.2".

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00