Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 currency rate calculations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elviscat
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - December 10 2005 :  17:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So now I have set the shop to UK base, thankyou for your help by the way.

the currency conversions are wrong, i.e. USD = $1

are these automatically updated somehow from a xrates (if not good idea)

or are they manual, and if so, do i need to change all these as per the differences to the British Pound now. From looking all the rates are set to the $ am i right?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 10 2005 :  17:23:32  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please see the following faq on how to set this up:

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=759

Thank you
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

elviscat
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - December 10 2005 :  17:32:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the reply:

so i take it this needs to be set manually and set to compare to the British Pound as the master?

Is there anywhere anyone knows of that exports tyhe information to file such as x-rates or whatever. and inturn could this file/information then be imported daily, to keep these amount up to date? just wondering!
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 10 2005 :  19:31:11  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At the bottom of the FAQ are 2 tips:

TIP: You can bulk update your table rates by clicking on the Bulk Update link in the left column. This allows you to update all of your currencies at once.

TIP2: You can import new currencies into the currencyvalues table by going to Everyday Tasks > Advanced > Bulk Import. To see what the table needs to look like you can export the currencyvalues table first as a csv file. X-Rates has an export to Excel feature that allows you to quickly copy and paste the rates into your csv file.

If you do an initial export of the currencyvalues table and save it as a csv file you can use this as your base to simply paste in the updated rates and then import them back into your system.

Thank you
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

elviscat
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - December 10 2005 :  19:42:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry, i think i got it. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly