Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Problem with browsing VP-ASP in multiple windows
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - December 10 2005 :  00:06:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hoping that this would be addressed with version 6, but after playing with the online demo it appears be a serious ongoing issue.

VP-ASP doesn’t handle users searching or browsing in more than one window at a time. For example, in one browser window the user may be browsing shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=6 and in another have search results via shopsearch.asp – the multiple windows interfere with each other and errors occur (confused session variables maybe?).

I may not have explained it very well, but try browsing different areas of your store in a couple of browser windows simultaneously and you will soon see what I am on about.

I imagine that for many this is a serious problem. For us it certainly is - we know users are missing pages of products because we have a system in place to take suggestions when a null result is achieved. The regularity of this suggests that users have more than one window open and I have observed users try to do two things at once.

Any comments of other experiences and solutions to this problem would be greatly appreciated. I’m fighting to keep us using VP-ASP after a planned upgrade, other than this issue the package has been excellent.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 10 2005 :  16:28:30  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The way ASP works is that sessions are carried through the site. This is not just the way VP-ASP works but all systems using ASP. If you update one page then the session will be carried through for any other pages in that site you have open.

It may be possible to modify this by a customisation for your site but it would be a specific site related change and not a general modification.

There are thousands of developers using VP-ASP worldwide. A good place to source developers is either here on this forum or at:

http://www.vpasp.com/sales/resellerdisplay.asp

Thank you
VPASP Support

Edited by - support on December 10 2005 18:39:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00