Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Product pages suddenly not displaying...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ghia04
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - August 09 2004 :  14:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh oh! Our product pages are suddenly not displaying when a customer clicks a category at http://www.karmannghia.com/shopping/.
The only thing we changed recently was changing the name of shopadmin.asp, but don't believe we made any accidental changes to anything else within the admin section (except changing xadminpage to the new admin login page). Any ideas why our products are suddenly not displaying?

Thanks!!

Dulrr
VP-CART New User

57 Posts

Posted - August 09 2004 :  14:48:01  Show Profile  Visit Dulrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Took a quick peek, and it looks like there was a small error in your template that's keeping it from displaying properly. If you go to "View Source" when viewing one of your categories that's suppossed to have product, you'll notice that the HTML code continues past the point where the page stops displaying. My guess was that there was an improperly formed tag on the page somewhere, and it looks like I might be right.

The problem piece seems to be:
<font face='verdana,arial,helvetica' size=2 color='#BB0000'><script language=Page 1 of 1</font>

If you can fix that, you should be good again!

Good luck!

quote:

Uh oh! Our product pages are suddenly not displaying when a customer clicks a category at http://www.karmannghia.com/shopping/.
The only thing we changed recently was changing the name of shopadmin.asp, but don't believe we made any accidental changes to anything else within the admin section (except changing xadminpage to the new admin login page). Any ideas why our products are suddenly not displaying?

Thanks!!

~D
Go to Top of Page

ghia04
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - August 09 2004 :  15:02:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I'll take a look at the code. What doesn't make sense is how that code could have been changed if that is indeed the problem. The cart has been running fine for over 2 years, and this problem just occured starting this morning.

Go to Top of Page

ghia04
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - August 09 2004 :  18:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see where that strange code is displayed when I do a "view source" from one of my product display pages, but what file(s) in VP-ASP would be the culprit?

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 09 2004 :  18:23:53  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know if your problem is due to this, but it sounds like a potential symptom of it and might be worth a look....

(
this is a copy of a posting we made on our tips forum:
http://bigyellowzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16
for other useful bits and pieces, see the tips topic:
http://bigyellowzone.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=5
)

Due to a small coding oversight by VP-ASP, the number of categories that your VP-ASP site can handle is restricted to 100 (create more and you'll get vbscript errors).

To get round this, edit the file shopsess.asp, and in the function:
GetSessA

Change:
temparray(100)

to:
temparray(1000)

And then set your xmaxcategories config option to 1000.

You will then be able to handle up to 1000 categories. If you want even more, then just change both instances of 1000 to however many is the maximum you'll need.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - August 09 2004 :  19:54:37  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that wierd code is the source of the problem. I copied the entire HTML source code from that page on your site to a file, uploaded it to a test server, and got the same results as from your server -- the page was cut off after a certain point. I then removed those two instances of the wierd code (<script language=Page 1 of 1), re-uploaded the files, tested it, and found that the error had gone away.

I noticed this is only happening on the shopdisplayproducts.asp file, so you may want to check there for that errant code. Zap it and see if the error persists.

It that code is not in shopdisplayproducts.asp, other places to check might be:

shopproductformat.asp
shopproductformat_template.asp
shopfileio.asp
shopproductcreatesql.asp

Hope that helps!

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

ghia04
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - August 09 2004 :  22:11:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the tips guys...very much appreciated. Just spent a couple of hours combing through every file (even the DB), and can't find anything causing that code problem.
What's interesting is that the problem isn't just restricted to product display, but the same thing occurs when you go to the SEARCH link at http://www.karmannghia.com/shopping/shopsearch.asp
I'm stumped :)

Go to Top of Page

ghia04
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - August 09 2004 :  23:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found the problem! I carefully checked each entry under "Shop Configuration" in the Admin section, and found that XFONT was set as:

<font face='verdana,arial,helvetica' size=2 color='#BB0000'><script language =

How that latter portion ever found it's way in there is a mystery, but upon removing it, all is well again. Thanks a million for the assistance on this one you guys. Very appreciated!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00