Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Review Formating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Deepak
Starting Member

India
5 Posts

Posted - March 11 2004 :  05:01:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Sir,

if user has entered review with continue line(without link break) without using ENTER KEY.

To deal with above case ,do we have any formating tool/technique to display such review's with wrapped form on full screen.

we dont want scroll bars in such cases.

please suggest us some solutions to avoid scroll bars for the review list display form.

Thanks,
Deepak

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - March 11 2004 :  08:16:56  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Deepak,

As far as I know, it will break the lines when it reaches the width limits you have set in your table properties and there is a space between words that it can break at. Unless the user enters a really long string with no spaces (such as this: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa) then it should break. Is that not the case with your site? A long string like the one I have just above has nowhere to break the line and will just continue horizontally until its done, resulting in horizontal scrolling.

If you post a link to the site where I can see the problem in action, I could get a better idea of whats wrong.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - March 11 2004 :  13:45:59  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jon is right.
If there is a space in the line, then its breaks if not a single long string... then there is no way to control from the database. What you can do is, you need to write a script travel thro' the words and if that more than the character you limit and then use <br>. This is simplest but need customization to shopreviewlist.asp.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00