Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Affilitate Number and Discount Coupon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

patrickong
VP-CART New User

Singapore
58 Posts

Posted - February 08 2004 :  19:42:57  Show Profile  Visit patrickong's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have an idea after talking to a few commercial affiliate company. One thing is that if the affiliate do not have a website, then they will not be able to earn any commission because no visitor would be able to visit the merchant website and buy something from there. So the affiliate will be disadvantaged.

One suggestion would be for VP-ASP to be able to issue an affiliate number upon registration so that the affiliate could publicise in their promotional campaign that customers are able to enjoy a say 10% discount using a "promotional code" at "www.yourwebsite.com" which is specially only for their store customers only. Then any purchases would allow the merchant to earn a commission with or without their own website!

Patrick Ong
Dream Works Consultancy

Jill
VP-CART Super User

USA
249 Posts

Posted - February 08 2004 :  20:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Patrick,

An affiliate is issued an ID number. The affiliate would have to send people to the website anyway, so why not just send them to the website url with their affiliate ID tacked on?

Jill

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 08 2004 :  23:39:26  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I fthe affliates does not have website, what you can do is, create a folder for your affilates something like
www.yourdomain.com/affx where affx is your affiliates name. Make a custom page html linked with their affid. So your affiliates are feel like they have website somewhere too.
THis is the technique used by realtors in US. Most of the big realtors use the same concept.
But for the improvement of VP-ASP
Samething can be done, VP-ASP should be able to generate a custom page (affilate templates or a page) for each affiliates.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

patrickong
VP-CART New User

Singapore
58 Posts

Posted - February 09 2004 :  11:07:04  Show Profile  Visit patrickong's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I refer to Jill's comments, "...so why not just send them to the website url with their affiliate ID tacked on? "

I'm referring to those Affiliates who are operated by people really backward in technology. So they would not have a website where their customers could be hyperlinked to your own website.

So, instead of disadvantaging these backward folks of the Affiliate system, they could sign up with you and you'll issue an Affiliate number to them manually. Then tell them that they could let their customers use their Affiliate ID (linked to the Discount Coupon) so that the Affiliate's customers (those who are more forward in technology) could directly go to your website and key in the Affiliate's number and automatically enjoy a say 10% discount on all purchases while the Affiliate could also earn commission on each sale! :-)

Another way of marketing your Affiliate system to the backward merchants would be to link to the Rewards system.

1st - Tell the customer to go to your store to buy by using the Affiliate's ID.

2nd - Customer can earn Rewards points (if they don't use the Affiliate ID and buy normally by themselves) or Bonus Points (if they use the Affiliate's ID to login)

3rd - The more the customer buy by logging into your website using the Affiliate's ID (which they would cos they'll get Bonus Rewards Points!), the more commission the Affiliate would get!!!

The last way of marketing Affiliate system would be to link to Gift Registry. If customers login to buy the Gift Certificate using the Affiliate ID, the customers gets a 5% discount per Gift Certificate value and the Affiliate could get another 5% commission as well!!!

Patrick Ong
www.consultancy.com.sg

Go to Top of Page

CraigBMM
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - August 13 2009 :  19:58:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
siraj your missing the point .. why should the admin have to make a seperate folder for each affiliate

just put in a place where people can put in an affiliate id # .. easy .. i meet someone on the road .. tel l them about our product .. tell them my id # bam .. easy. they put it in when they go to the site. dont make it so complicated.

and have it keep track ,if the buy OR sign up to be an affiliate .. it would get credited to that referer .. keep it simple

Craig

Edited by - CraigBMM on August 13 2009 20:00:52
Go to Top of Page

CraigBMM
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - August 13 2009 :  23:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CraigBMM

siraj your missing the point .. why should the admin have to make a seperate folder for each affiliate

just put in a place where people can put in an affiliate id # .. easy .. i meet someone on the road .. tel l them about our product .. tell them my id # .... bam .. easy. they put it in when they go to the site. dont make it so complicated.

and have it keep track ,if the buy OR sign up to be an affiliate .. it would get credited to that referer .. keep it simple

Craig

anyone have any ideas for a work around to the shopaffregister.asp to address this issue?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00