Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Click tracking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dlefavor
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - January 02 2004 :  08:16:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello - I'm wondering if anyone has contemplated a method for tracking clicks through the shopping cart process. For example, it would be nice to know that 750 people viewed the category page, 300 looked at products, 200 put items in their cart, but only 10 checked out. If we knew things like this, we could focus our attention on which part of the shopping process might be discouraging customers.

Thanks in advance

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - January 02 2004 :  13:45:25  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We're actually working on something that will do pretty much just that. We're still ironing out the details but hope to have it available as an add on to the cart soon. It will monitor the traffic on your site and provide you infomration about your customers paths through your site.

Let us know if you'd like to be notified when its ready. Stay tuned.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

dlefavor
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - January 02 2004 :  18:38:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

We're actually working on something that will do pretty much just that. We're still ironing out the details but hope to have it available as an add on to the cart soon. It will monitor the traffic on your site and provide you infomration about your customers paths through your site.

Let us know if you'd like to be notified when its ready. Stay tuned.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com

Jon - thanks. Please let me know when it's ready. My email addy is in my profile.

David L.

Go to Top of Page

billsingh
VP-CART New User

56 Posts

Posted - January 05 2004 :  14:31:27  Show Profile  Visit billsingh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this will do the job.
http://www.2enetworx.com/dev/projects/statcountex.asp

Thanks
Bill Singh
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

dlefavor
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - January 28 2004 :  10:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a simple click tracker using our MS SQL Server, copying code from one of our other programs. I defined a TrackIt.asp file with the actual SQL code in a Function, got our DBA to define a table for me in the data base system, put an <!--#include file="TrackIt.asp"--> in each program where I needed to call it, and then salted the code with TrackIt("whatever") calls.

<%
Function TrackIt (WhatHeDid)
ON ERROR RESUME NEXT
Dim sqlcmd, oConnLMR, WhoIsHe, Browser

Browser = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")

WhoIsHe = Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")

set oConnLMR = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

oConnLMR.open "Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=MSSQL-whatever;Initial Catalog=data-base-name;User Id=whatever;Password=whatever;"

sqlcmd = "INSERT INTO TableName (TimeStamp, UserIPAddy, Action) VALUES (GetDate(), '" & WhoIsHe & "', '" & Whathedid &"')"

oConnLMR.Execute sqlcmd
oConnLMR.Close
set oConnLMR = Nothing

End Function
%>

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)