Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Cant stop scroller in shopcustomer.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - October 29 2003 :  16:46:51  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have built a site for an 800 X 600 screen. Every Page works fine without any scrolling apart from shopcustomer.asp, where i get a scroller at the foot of the page. I've spent ages trying to figure out why this one page does this. I've been into shop$colors.asp and have changed the Table alignment, tried to change font size, but the scoller always appears.
Can anyone help?

The site is http://www.hampers-online.com/shop/

arte
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - October 29 2003 :  18:42:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does it happen in both IE and NS browsers?
I have only had a quick look, but it is immediately apparent that you have a mix of table cell/column/table widths ie some are percent and some are pixel (I presume pixel) which makes it very difficult to troubleshoot without a while to spare.

First check you have nothing different in this page than the others and that any css formatting is also the same then double check all your cells and tables do not exceed 100%.

Also, css formating does have some bugs in some versions of IE and NS if you use any padding or margins.

Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs but just a few things I look at when I have had the same - and in my case it was the mix of %/px.
% Rules!

I have just spotted this....
"<td valign=top align=center width="834">"
it is after the table ends with brochure request.

Good luck - ps. nice site!

Go to Top of Page

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - October 29 2003 :  19:55:37  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Arte,

Thanks for getting me to "look outside the box". It wasn't the line
"<td valign=top align=center width="834">" that was giving me grief. It was the Constant CustOutsideTableDef defined in shop$colors.asp that was the cause. It was set to a fixed width of 600 px and when applied to the table in the asp file the width > 800. I reduced it to 550px and it solved my problem.

I agree with you; dont mix and match, but this happens through the configuration files where there is a mixture of % and fixed widths. I'm going to put this into wish list!!

Thanks for your help and kind comments.

jim mccann

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00