Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 support is everything
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rob
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - June 04 2003 :  09:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a fairly new user of ASP and of the VPASP software, when I was looking for a product to act as our shop the open coding of VPASP attracted me.

But as a user of the VPASP software the thing that stands out is not the software although that is very good, it's the truly amazing level of service I have received from the VPASP support team.

To say they have put up with some really stupid questions from me is putting it mildly but they have also been there whenever I have needed real help. Given the time difference between the UK and OZ that's saying a lot.

I have always believed in aftersales care but the problem is normally your stuck with poor service on a product you wish you never brought. With VPASP not only have I got the product I need, that I can change to suit my customer but I have super aftersales service to.

Thanks

webpro
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - July 03 2003 :  12:42:30  Show Profile  Visit webpro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Rob

Another UK developer here, sounds like we're both on the same learning curve! I've got quite a few mods and customisations to make, so maybe we could share some of our respective tips & tricks as we go.

Dave

Go to Top of Page

knight_bert
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - July 31 2003 :  16:50:17  Show Profile  Visit knight_bert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have found that the response time is quick, but the level of detail is lacking. Its like pulling teeth to get a detailed answer or to get support to give me an example.

For example, I emailed support about making features show up in the extended descrptions page template. Its not clear in either the Developer Guide or the Options guide on how to do this since there isn't a master list of tags and what they do. I know I can use anything from the product page, but its not clear what each does or the appropriate context in how to use it, so I waste a lot of time guessing.

What makes me upset is that I just figured out how to do this and its fairly simple.

You just add the [add_productfeatures] tag to the product page.

Why couldn't VPASP support just emailed back and said

"Hey, just add [add_prdocutfeatures] to your html template." It would have saved me so much time.

I have found this to be typical. Fast response, vague replies. It usually takes me 3-4 emails to finally get a useful answer. Maybe my emails aren't detailed enough or something, but its getting really frustrating.

Go to Top of Page

DJ
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - August 20 2003 :  16:11:27  Show Profile  Visit DJ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I kind of feel the same way..Although I am not at 100% with .asp, I am not what would be considered stupid either. I love their response time, but also wish they would answer me in basic,concise english, like you say- just tell me what to do here, don't send me back to the manual, the manual is what inspired me to ask for support! (They need to remember the frustration of knowing what you want to happen, and when it doesn't, needing the correct response-NOW!) When I ask for help, I try to be as specific as possible, including error documentation etc. That seems to help a bit. I also think that the manuals could be written a little more down to earth, with examples and explainations of what does what.

Once in a BluMoon, Fantasy Becomes Reality...
Go to Top of Page

olddog
Starting Member

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - September 03 2003 :  01:20:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In response to good and complaining customers. I have danced around with the internet and it's experts for some three years now. And I can say that, VPASP is probobly the only business that, actually gives help and in a quick time as well.
I am a complete IT nong. Know nothing. My experience have been to have IT people talk down to me and get impatient with my silly questions. But not VPASP.
True, in the beginning there was a lot of problem with the product features, but I put it down to my ignorance.
I do agree that, it would have been easier to tell me that, you can only insert one item at a time, instead of coming back with manual references.
Like with most people, IT knowledeable ones think every one does, or should know what they think. Well, we don't.
Please talk like real people, not like neadrs.
On the other hand, thank you VP for giving me the constant help I need. You are unique.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00