Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 Paypal Express
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - July 17 2018 :  11:19:19  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When a new customer chooses Paypal Express for checkout, a new customer account is created using the data from Paypal. However, this new account doesn''t include a password. I need to generate a password manually so that the client can log in another time.

Has this issue been solved since VP7.0 ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Erik
www.aquathermia.com

swampthink
VP-CART New User

106 Posts

Posted - July 17 2018 :  12:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you tried to set xlogonrequired to Yes?
Go to Top of Page

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - July 18 2018 :  04:53:31  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your quick reply.

When a customer returns from Paypal Express after identification on their platform, the subroutine AddNewCustomer in the paypalproexpress.asp file checks if the customer exists in the database. If not, it will create a new customer record. The fields in this record are :

customers (firstname, lastname, email, country)

The password field remains empty. Whenever the customer returns on the website, he can''t logon. I suggest to generate a random password automatically. The customer will be able to recover his password by the shopmailpwd.asp page.

Erik
www.aquathermia.com
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 02 2018 :  05:57:23  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Erik,

Thank you for your input on this.

I have just tried this in our latest V8 and our beta V9, the following will work:

1) Visitors do a checkout and paid using Paypal Express. A new customer record is created into VPCart customers table with an empty password (like you have said).

2) When visitors try to log in, the site will not let them log in. Visitors then click "Forgot your password?" link.
Visitors enter their previous Last Name and Email used in their past order that paid using Paypal Express.

3) Visitors then get an email to reset password eg:
-----------------------
If you did make this request please click here to be taken to the reset password page on our site.
-------------------------

4) Once they click the link, it will take them to reset password page eg shopresetpassword.asp?token=xxxxxx

5) Visitors enter a new password and retype the new password.

6) Visitors then able to log in using the new password.

I have tested the above and it works for our both versions.

Would you please test the above if that works for you? If it is not working as expected, please let us know the version you are using.

Thank you
VPCart Forum Admin
Go to Top of Page

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - August 17 2018 :  06:26:30  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the suggested procedure. In my vpasp 7.001 version I have identical shopresetpassword.asp files in admin folder and root folder. Obviously this file is intended for back office use since it includes the admin$db.asp file. However, I don''t know where it''s used.

Wouldn''t it be easier for a customer when vpasp generates automatically a password when paying with Paypal Express instead of creating one manually through a link in the password reminder Email? This Email message would mention the automatically generated password.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Erik
www.aquathermia.com
Go to Top of Page

Alex123
VP-CART Super User

USA
223 Posts

Posted - August 17 2018 :  13:38:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The shopresetpassword.asp is used when you try ''Forgot your password?'' link in the shop admin login page. When you try that it will send an email to your mail address which will include a url with shopresetpassword.asp to reset the password.

I think customization might be required regarding your second query and better contact VPASP support via their Helpdesk.

Alex
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 19 2018 :  23:48:13  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Erik,

Thanks for raising this one. I agree it needs to be handled better.

I have asked the guys to add this the list of tweaks for V9 so the way it will work in v9 will be once the new customer is returned to your site they will be asked ther if they want to save their details and if yes will be offered the fields to enter a new password.

Hopefully this wil lwork for you!

Thanks
Cam Flanigan
VPCart Customer Service
Go to Top of Page

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - August 20 2018 :  03:43:55  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cam for for taking into account my request. I''m looking forward to this improvement in V9.0.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00