Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 update jQuery Version to 3.0.0
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

august2811
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - June 15 2018 :  16:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
As part of our Security Scan we are required to fix some vulnerability involving jQuery. Per the scan we need to be on at least version 3.0.0 or above. The scan is showing we are at 1.11.0. We are running v7.02.15 deluxe. From digging around it looks like a setting is in the backpage for xLoadJLibJQueryVersion set to 1.5.1 and the prototype is at 1.7.0.0 which both are loaded from google.
I am unsure whether we can simply change these settings to 3.3.1 (latest from google developers page).
Does anyone have any suggestions in making this change or if this is something more complex.
Thank You.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 19 2018 :  00:22:49  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Unfortunately if you update one plug in you will need to update all plug ins otherwise you will have conflicts.

The other alternative is to upgrade to the latest version which is 100% up to date .

If you renew your license before VPCart 9 is released you can do so at the current price and beat the price rise and download VPCart 9 for free once it is released!

Hope this helps and sorry i could not be more helpful on how to approach this one.

Thanks

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Customer Service
Go to Top of Page

august2811
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - June 19 2018 :  00:28:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply. I think the best solution would be to wait for VPCart 9. I renewed my license earlier this year so hopefully I can use it for v9. Do you have a general idea of when we can expect to see v9 released? Thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 19 2018 :  01:40:40  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had hoped to have it released by now however the first round of beta testers have given some fantastic feedback so we are making changes based on this.

Will have the new beta version ready soon so if you want a copy to play with please shoot me a request in our helpdesk and i will get a copy to you.

https://helpdesk.vpcart.com

Thanks!

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Customer Service
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00