Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Bulk Import - Parameter is incorrect
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jack208
VP-CART New User

Malaysia
116 Posts

Posted - October 18 2015 :  12:01:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep getting this error when trying to import a few rows of new items. There''s nothing more descriptive than the error below so that does not help me to troubleshoot which row or column (field) that''s giving me the problem.

Anyone knows how to get to the root of this problem? Thanks

Provider error ''80070057''
The parameter is incorrect.
/store/citadels/UTF8Filer.asp, line 237

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - October 19 2015 :  07:52:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you checked that the permission settings on your import folder on the server are set correctly? If you cannot check this, then ask your host to check for you

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

danielrichardson
VP-CART Super User

Australia
276 Posts

Posted - October 29 2015 :  02:39:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
should be read and write
Go to Top of Page

jack208
VP-CART New User

Malaysia
116 Posts

Posted - October 29 2015 :  07:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for my delayed response.

Some clarification. I''ve actually managed to bulk import some new recordsand also some updates - on the same folder - prior to this. For bulk updates, it work most of the time but for inserts, it works only like 20% of the time. I scanned thru the data and can''t seem to find anything that tells me which column has type mismatch or parameter issue.

Also, the worksheet is usually prepared by doing a Query & Export from VPASP - selecting the fileds I need, exporting them to Excel, opening the Excel worksheet and updating or replacing the data in the worksheet.

Since bulk updates are working and bulk inserts have worked before (though very intermittently), this excludes the folder permission issue I think. In any case, I chcecked on the server and the folder is read/write.

I''ve tried exporting to both CSV and TAB formats; same issue.

Maybe I can provide my Insert worksheet and let some of you have a look to see if you can spot the offending column.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - October 30 2015 :  08:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a look and see if your cdescription or exddescription fields have lines breaks in them. This seems to cause an issue with the Query & Export function. You could ask support for the updated shopaquery.asp file for your V7 site which should fix this problem

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

ryo_best
VP-CART New User

90 Posts

Posted - October 30 2015 :  21:25:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with Carrol, I also think about <br>, maybe you can compare each filed for the tow records, one record that successful when importing and the other for the failed record.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00