Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Barcoders & Inventory
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rnp
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - September 03 2014 :  00:53:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone - I am at my wits end - we purchased a pos system to hook up to vpasp, and it is simply not doing the job. So im back to the drawing board again on this one, stinging from having wasted good $ on a system that isnt doing the job.

Basically what we need is some way to be able to scan a barcode into VPASP backend (using a denso hand scanner), and have the product come up, and then enter a stock quantity. This would allow us to use vpasp as the inventory system.

my way of thinking is that this shouldnt be too hard to do,
1. we make a new column in the db
2. we enter barcode values
3. we then have a form that will query that column and show product.

we could even get clever(er) and have it on a bulk update type page that allows the user to enter a stock figure and hit SUBMIT to update 20-50 products at a time.

Does anyone have any info on either doing this, or an inventory system that we can plug into the cart that WILL work (without us having to spend too much as I am now in damage control after having spent $ on a system that is not doing the job for us, and that we are having trouble getting to do the job.

Thanks Forum Watchers

Tony

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - September 11 2014 :  08:16:33  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i''m sure this will need hard customization to the code, i ever saw a system like this, but i think asp can handle this also

*serj*

Edited by - serjtankian on September 11 2014 08:17:05
Go to Top of Page

g3nnin
VP-CART Super User

209 Posts

Posted - September 12 2014 :  19:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Have you heard a company name of NISYST (http://www.nisyst.co.uk/)? I think they have a solution for your POS and they already a VPASP partner:
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpasp_partners.htm

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - September 20 2014 :  05:34:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what is the barcode field value looks like ? im just curious. is it string/text or numbering format ?
Thanks
diego
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00