Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Setting Top Sellers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AleChe91
VP-CART New User

Italy
127 Posts

Posted - July 14 2014 :  07:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my e-commerce there are a lot of products that goes to "top sellers" category but they are not really the "top seller"

I''ll explain. There are some products that are selled 100 by 100, for example "coil of wire". In general there are objects that you can consider as "package objects can not be opened".

So if I sell 2 Coils of wire, the count goes to 200, and a lot of products more selled arent in the "top Selle" category.

An easy solution is to consider the quantity not just the number selled, but to take the number/(minimun quantity)

let me know there are other solutions

Alessandro

www.stockelettrico.it

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - July 16 2014 :  11:46:38  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i''m not get in what you mean

*serj*
Go to Top of Page

AleChe91
VP-CART New User

Italy
127 Posts

Posted - July 17 2014 :  02:51:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the products most sold are chosen according to a simple sum. the only thing is settable option to include or not to include the products of orders not yet processed.
But there are products which are not comparable because they have different measurement units. If I sell a product with a minimum quantity salable very high, because it has a small unit of measurement apparently, it will ruin the ranking.
Think about power cables, the unit of measure is the meter, but buy 300 meters of cable is not much to buy, because they are only 3 skeins of wire.
Instead if one is buying 20 bulbs a lot, and it is not even put in the standings.

For this reason the proposal is to change the count, or at least allow you to change it. Now it is a simple sum, unweighted.
I propose to ponder based on the minimum order quantity.

So by simple summation of sales I propose to be able to switch to the sum of the sales of each product divided by the minimum quantity sold.

Alessandro

www.stockelettrico.it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00